No announcement yet.

The official lounge stock market & investment advice thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks..

looking at all those interests/gains those index funds make, i want to punch myself for keeping all my money in the bank and cds all these years..

stock market is probably something i will not be interested.. but index fund is less risky and less hassle..

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfFeint View Post
      thanks..

looking at all those interests/gains those index funds make, i want to punch myself for keeping all my money in the bank and cds all these years..

stock market is probably something i will not be interested.. but index fund is less risky and less hassle..
      No problem man..

Yes an index fund is much easier and better than trying to pick individual stocks. The index funds aren't immune to market crashes, since they basically own shares of everything, but overall as the market goes up, so does the index fund, and you never have to worry about a competitor putting it out of business..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        What marijuana companies? I have been looking at them and am interested but haven't found a decent one yet that seems to be legit for the long term.. I love the sector but just unsure how everything will shake out. It reminds me of when the internet came out and we had in the 90s compuserve, prodigy, AOL and now 20 years later the main players are google, yahoo, etc...
        Marijuana stocks are relatively being watched right now since it is all new. Once other states start legalizing marijuana, some stocks are going to boom. This is where research pays off. Most of the smaller companies will get bought up so knowing who has the potential for growth is key. I have invested in edible marijuana because it has alot off potential for growth.

Comment

i like stocks...I currently own mnga..magnegas.
          I bought 8k at 1.22 and sold at 1.65 3 and made about a nice 3k in 2 weeks...bought it back at 1.47..went up to 168 but got greedy and didn't sell. today it's down 10%..

Comment

Originally posted by vErDuGo View Post
            i like stocks...I currently own mnga..magnegas.
            I bought 8k at 1.22 and sold at 1.65 3 and made about a nice 3k in 2 weeks...bought it back at 1.47..went up to 168 but got greedy and didn't sell. today it's down 10%..
            Sounds like your a real trader, and very active. I tend to be much more passive. Though I am looking to maybe cash out of my eBay

Comment

Originally posted by spytactics View Post
              Marijuana stocks are relatively being watched right now since it is all new. Once other states start legalizing marijuana, some stocks are going to boom. This is where research pays off. Most of the smaller companies will get bought up so knowing who has the potential for growth is key. I have invested in edible marijuana because it has alot off potential for growth.
              I lost and made a lot of money in phot stcoks..
              I owned HEMP...made a lot.
              I owned PHOT...got greedy till it got halted...lost a lot
              I also owned TRTC...

Comment

I lost and made a lot of money in phot stcoks..
                I owned HEMP...made a lot.
                I owned PHOT...got greedy till it got halted...lost a lot
                I also owned TRTC...
                I think it would be hard to pick em in such a rapidly growing sector..

Do you know of any index funds for marijuana

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  I think it would be hard to pick em in such a rapidly growing sector..

Do you know of any index funds for marijuana
                  no..i'm not into index,mutual or etf...I like individual stocks..it's much more exciting...
                  marijuana stocks are hightly risky.. I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

Just so you know...the key to making a lot of money on the stock market is buy low/sell high.

Comment

no..i'm not into index,mutual or etf...I like individual stocks..it's much more exciting...
                      marijuana stocks are hightly risky.. I wouldn't recommend it.
                      I bought a stock of marijuana...smoke the whole stock leaves and all before I could sell a gram. Worst investment I ever made but damm what a weekend that was.

Comment

Working...
                      X