Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people defending Margarito for cheating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Impaler View Post
    Mexico doesn't have many other fighters doing it big right now.
    If Giovani Dos Santos chose Boxing instead of soccer, he would have knocked out the Klitschko's by now.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      i rarely agree with your post but u are spot on!!!
      Thanks brother! K your way!

Comment

at the "he didn't cheat" excuse

Watch my future remake of Boyz N the Hood. The cops will come when the Bloods point the shotgun at Ricky, but before he pulls the trigger.

The jury will not punish them because hey, they didn't shoot anyone.

Comment

To be absolutely brutally honest, I am pissed at margarito for attempting to cheat, i've said many times before my favorite fight from my lifetime "Cotto vs Margaritto" is tainted because i don't know if it was a legit fight or not. That said, I love watching boxing so much, and there are only a handful of entertaining fighters to be honest with you, 20-30? out of how many thousands of boxers that are out there, So even though he attempted to cheat, and he's scum, I like to watch him fight. And I guess being a fan(former fan) of his, theres part of me that wants to believe the "i had no idea what was in my wraps" excuse, and i think until i'm proven otherwise beyond any reasonable doubt, there will always be that part of me that wants to believe.

Either way, the man did his time as requested by the CASC he didn't fight in mexico even though he could have. Is he still guilty, hell yeah, but he served the penalty they told him to serve. Maybe they should have asked for longer, or banned him, but they didn't do that, so i'm cool with him fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
            at the "he didn't cheat" excuse

Watch my future remake of Boyz N the Hood. The cops will come when the Bloods point the shotgun at Ricky, but before he pulls the trigger.

The jury will not punish them because hey, they didn't shoot anyone.
            Who cares about attempted assault? I sure know I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post

Either way, the man did his time as requested by the CASC he didn't fight in mexico even though he could have. Is he still guilty, hell yeah, but he served the penalty they told him to serve. Maybe they should have asked for longer, or banned him, but they didn't do that, so i'm cool with him fighting.
              He's still not supposed to fight in Mexico, don't you know that? Until he gets a license in the U.S., he's supposed to remain inactive. By fighting in Mexico, he's saying **** you to the U.S. commissions, and therefore he won't get licensed in the U.S. ever again. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
                Who cares about attempted assault? I sure know I don't.
                Actually the police care about it. Oh and so do boxing commissions.

Wait LOL...so he had the **** in the gloves but he wasn't intending to use it????

What, was he gonna take it out in the middle of the fight???

****ing classic.

Comment

i wonder if his whole team was a joke. nobody really knows if he's/they've been on a cheating streak and ever since he's been caught, he gets badly beat, and pretty much exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    Thsi makes no sense to me.
                    I have to agree with you on this one. I used to be a big fan of Margarito, but i think he should not be able to fight again. We all know this sport is brutal enough. He should be lucky he's not in jail IMO, assuming he had used these bricks in the past.
                    Last edited by the gent; 03-25-2010, 12:25 AM.

Comment

The only hope in Mexican boxing right now

Comment

Working...
                      X