Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't there more Mexican / Latino fighters at LHW, CW and HW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cause there're not build like that. That's like asking why there aren't more African sumo wrestlers

Comment

Just a guess but maybe their arent too many mexicans that have that type of build to become h/w champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
        Seriously, where are they? Is it illegal for them to fight in the higher weight classes? Those divisions, especially CW and LHW could benefit from having a Mexican champion for the exposure it brings to the division - but for some reason we aren't seeing as many of them as I think we should considering they have a strong presence in the other divs
        I can't believe nobody has mentioned john ruiz who became the first latino fighter to become heavyweight champion.

Comment

The uncrowned Champ

Comment

Comment

Actually there's a lot of big ass Mexicans now a days I see them everyday, its just most big Mexicans seek careers in construction, mechanical/industrial work. A lot of Mexicans also have the mentality that there is no money in heavyweight boxing since as its been noted here in this thread, the most popular mexicans boxers of all time have all been the smaller guys, big mexicans instead use their talents in the labor force where believe it or not they actually make pretty decent livings.

Comment

Working...
              X