No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
    What a minute....the Benjen guy gets attacked and "nearly killed" by the zombies, but the "Children worked their magic" on him BEFORE HE DIED. We all saw how long it takes for someone to die by a zombie bite...it takes a couple seconds. But nooooooo....Benjen gets saved in the couple seconds before he dies by having those weird little things plunge a knife into his heart.

I call BS on that one.
    Actually...
    Benjen said he was stabbed in the gut by a White Walker,
    not by a 'zombie'. He was left to die (yes, yes, it's highly
    unlikely). As you say, before he died, the Children of the
    Forest then gave Benjen an obsidian pacemaker.

So according to the show:
    Putting a dragon glass shard in a living human's heart is
    central to making a white walker (per Bran's vision), but
    putting the same dragon glass in a still-living human's
    heart is vital to keeping him alive, and human, and ...err,
    non-zombie?

Anyone have a theory on the principle involved?
    Last edited by horge; 05-30-2016, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by horge View Post
      Actually...
      Benjen said he was stabbed in the gut by a White Walker,
      not by a 'zombie'. He was left to die (yes, yes, it's highly
      unlikely). As you say, before he died, the Children of the
      Forest then gave Benjen an obsidian pacemaker.

So according to the show:
      Putting a dragon glass shard in a living human's heart is
      central to making a white walker (per Bran's vision), but
      putting the same dragon glass in a still-living human's
      heart is vital to keeping him alive, and human, and ...err,
      non-zombie?

Anyone have a theory on the principle involved?
      I admit, that doesn't make sense. Makes for good tv writing but obviously the writers have some sense of superiority about them. You know, like were stupid. Unfortunately for them, GOT fans miss nothing. They were ready to leave Jon Snow for dead. But, do to protest and observant fans. They actually decided to bring him back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pessimistic View Post
        I admit, that doesn't make sense. Makes for good tv writing but obviously the writers have some sense of superiority about them. You know, like were stupid. Unfortunately for them, GOT fans miss nothing. They were ready to leave Jon Snow for dead. But, do to protest and observant fans. They actually decided to bring him back.
        I get the impression that GOT fanatics will let any plot hole or questionable character activity go unquestioned. Of course the show is a fantasy but issues like this (how did Benjen survive a magical knife to the gut) should not go without comment.

Comment

I get the impression that GOT fanatics will let any plot hole or questionable character activity go unquestioned. Of course the show is a fantasy but issues like this (how did Benjen survive a magical knife to the gut) should not go without comment.
          Maybe it hasn't been fully explained yet. Maybe they got a vague idea by GRRM, who 7 years ago told the writers he'd likely be finished by now, and here we are in 2016 and he's still not even close to being finished lol. The writers have to take certain things into their own hands at this point and tie things together as they see fit, since their only source material at this point is what GRRM has told them and they no longer have finished books to reference. So like I said before they know the end game so to speak but the show and the books will have different ways of getting there. Of course film can never match books, that is always true, but this is also a weird/unique case where a TV show has surpassed an ongoing series they thought would be done or close to done by now.

Out of all the the stuff in the episode this ia a part I have zero problem with. OK he was dying/died and was turning into a wight and the children saved him/turned him into some sort of inbetween being, likely by the demand of the three eyed raven who probably knew this was going to happen/need to happen. That's fine with me especially considering the show has barely told us anything about Benjen yet. There was one piece of writing that was bad pu ssy imo:

Dany: we're gonna need a lot of ships how many ships do you think we need?

Daario: how many ships did Euron Greyjoy say he was building last episode? Yeah exactly that many!
          Last edited by ИATAS; 05-30-2016, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            There was one piece of writing that was bad pu ssy imo:

Dany: we're gonna need a lot of ships how many ships do you think we need?

Daario: how many ships did Euron Greyjoy say he was building last episode? Yeah exactly that many!
            At least she didn't inquire about Ironborn cock.

Comment

• So is it Euron that helps bring the over the sea to Westeros or will Yara/Theon do the deed?

I'm not looking for book "spoilers" but just some guesses here. Euron knows about the dragon girl...does the brother and sister team know about her?

Comment

So is it Euron that helps bring the over the sea to Westeros or will Yara/Theon do the deed?

I'm not looking for book "spoilers" but just some guesses here. Euron knows about the dragon girl...does the brother and sister team know about her?
                Yara does. Just look back at the Kingsmoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pessimistic View Post
                  Yara does. Just look back at the Kingsmoot.
                  Thanks. When I find out what or who the Kingsmoot is I'll look for it.

Comment

So is it Euron that helps bring the over the sea to Westeros or will Yara/Theon do the deed?

Did you hear about GRRMs recent reading of a chapter with Aeron Damphair in the upcoming book? Pretty brutal but I definitely pieced together a theory on it something Euron had I. His possession that none of us knew before (not the dragon horn either)). This is kinda spoiley as far as the books go, but if gives any indication where the show is going, yeah I have an idea.

Anywho, Euron will almost certainly be responsible for Dany and what is now her massive army getting to westeros, but how exactly that plays out is anyone's guess and maybe this and the books will differ here. My guess for the show at least is Euron and company go there, he tries to either marry or capture Dany, nearly does but she ends up killing him via dragon and she takes the ships for themselves after defeating his army, this happening next season. I'm guessing the book will be a lot different, perhaps he succeeds even and they go to westeros together, perhaps she's going mad in the books, but the show I don't see that happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      Did you hear about GRRMs recent reading of a chapter with Aeron Damphair in the upcoming book? Pretty brutal but I definitely pieced together a theory on it something Euron had I. His possession that none of us knew before (not the dragon horn either)). This is kinda spoiley as far as the books go, but if gives any indication where the show is going, yeah I have an idea.

Anywho, Euron will almost certainly be responsible for Dany and what is now her massive army getting to westeros, but how exactly that plays out is anyone's guess and maybe this and the books will differ here. My guess for the show at least is Euron and company go there, he tries to either marry or capture Dany, nearly does but she ends up killing him via dragon and she takes the ships for themselves after defeating his army, this happening next season. I'm guessing the book will be a lot different, perhaps he succeeds even and they go to westeros together, perhaps she's going mad in the books, but the show I don't see that happening.
                      I agree 100% that Neuron and Dany don't hook up. He's too chauvinistic and she's too femi-nazi. But what happens to Yara/Theon and their ships? Whose side are they on? I'd say they help out Snow and Sansa in some manner although it doesn't seem like those two need ships...at least until they S&S get to Kings Landing....if they ever even get there.

Comment

Working...
                      X