Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Im looking for a job and I get emails like this...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working abroad is pretty cool, my bro in-law works for a satelite company and travels alot to mexico, china, brazil and other develping countries.

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
      minimum wage when i came to this country (1986) was $3.35/hr
      Damn that was alright though. I remember this same apartment I live in, my pops told me in the late 80s-early 90s it was just around $200 for monthly rent. Now you move in to this apartment, you pay $1300-1500.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
        Yeah, am I missing something?
        nah, not really. I just wanted to put you down on earth again after you made this bragging thread earlier:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=403928
        Last edited by wazaa.; 10-20-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
          When I google the name of the company, the entire first page on google are on job sites where they post looking for employeers. What does this mean? Does it mean its not the most legitamate job?

I'm guessing they want to hire me for a sales position, because that seems to be the only thing hiring at the moment. I got 3 emails like this today and all are involved in the same field, marketing for sports. This seems odd to me.

The part that really tipped me off was how they congratulate me for being selected in the initial application process.

Then I get a voicemail where the person is talking really really fast, its definately scripted, I can assume its because they are calling a bunch of people. I can imagine its the type that if I would have picked up they dont tell you any details and just tell you to come in for an interview, normally a cattle call interview.
          I went to an "interview" like this before, they sent me out on the road selling an entirely worthless "discount card" to unwilling pensioners with one of their "reps". They don't pay you unless you sell the crappy cards and you can take on "trainees" who take a percentage of your sale money ponzi-scheme style...

Show to the interview but be wary.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            I went to an "interview" like this before, they sent me out on the road selling an entirely worthless "discount card" to unwilling pensioners with one of their "reps". They don't pay you unless you sell the crappy cards and you can take on "trainees" who take a percentage of your sale money ponzi-scheme style...

pig, how old were you when you did this? I used to do this kinda job as well.

Comment

Lol Wazaa why are you trying to bully Hous?

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                nah, not really. I just wanted to put you down on earth again after you made this bragging thread earlier:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=403928
                haha, thanks man. I forgot all about that. Im in the states now looking for work, maybe I should shoot them an email, haha jk.

Its not difficult to get a teaching position in China. They just want you to be foreign and it helps to be good looking. They mostly just want to show you off, because that gets them money.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

That's what it is. You'll go in for the first interview, they'll say they're interested and ask you to come back for a second interview where they'll take you on a ride along for the whole day. It's a waste of time. It's best to avoid any online job listings that mention sales, advertising and/or marketing. It's all basically the same deal.

You can read about places like this here:

http://www.onedayonejob.com/jobs/the-landers-group/

Comment

Working...
                  X