Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cinnamon Stacks: How Canelo Cashed In or, all the financial details no one's telling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I just walked into a hooknosed money convention!

NSM - Non Stop Money

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      I wouldn't be so sure, I think Canelo will take them a long way to achieving their subscriber goals, plus I think this will have a domino effect with a lot of top level fighters, so the content will grow and improve.

Think about it like this once they hit 2 million subscribers they are pretty much on there way. That's $20 million a month in turnover, and I don't think 2 million is a huge target in the short term. To put things in perspective Netflix has over 57 million subscribers in the US.
      How long did it take Netflix to get to 2 million subscribers, though?

Showtime has taken basically 3 years to get to 3 million subscribers, pushing the app on every Showtime/CBS boxing-related broadcast and however much money they've spent pushing it across media/social media (nevermind the efforts to push the app that had nothing to do with boxing).

ESPN/ABC blitzed the heck out of ESPN+ across every sports asset with ties to Disney, and it still took six months to get to a million subscribers.

What is the realistic timeline/marketing cost for DAZN to get to 1 million, knowing that it took the full weight of Disney sports (ESPN/ABC/ESPN2/ESPN3/ESPN.com/etc) 6 months?

Comment

Working...
      X