Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That is why two grown men shouldn't be kicking each other.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRM View Post
    Agreed. I'll never get the big fight feel watching UFC or any other form of fighting that isn't boxing. Can't believe I watched that last night. It felt like I was watching WWE with the elementary style presentation. Makes you miss Showtime, and even HBO. A great boxing fight will always beat a so called "Great" MMA fight.
    An average FNF is better than the best MMA fight of all time lol

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
      I never knew one kick boxing fan in my life or never knew one person that watched karate and I didn't know one person growing up that watched real wrestling. Not saying that people didn't enjoy that but I just didn't know one person that did. I bet if you asked a majority of MMA fans what they like most they would probably say the stand up fighting which is boxing. I guarantee you if they took striking out of it and it was just kicking and grappling then no one would watch.
      It's a cultural though, if you were from Thailand or Japan you would probably be down with kickboxing and karate.

Comment

I'd love to see Golovkin represent boxing against those MMGays.

Comment

Bunch of mma haters,,,, who cares

at least silva fought the undefeated youngster

are we going to get

Floyd-bradley
          floyd-manny

or are we gonna see boxing's biggest star vs a damaged goods fighter who hasnt won a big fight in years,,,,

I like mma and respect it, i love boxing, but to hate on mma just makes you sound like a bunch of gossip queens.......

whether you like it or not,, UFC gives a superior product in terms of matchups...

Their champs are legit champs, and only fight top contenders, no cherry picks

Boxing as a sport is a pathetic joke

Comment

the thing is, if an mmgay fighter threw a kick at floyd, floyd's tibia would be broken. Gay fighters are as tough as nails

Comment

That card was more exciting than any boxing card I've seen all year.

Comment

There is some history here folks: I don't imagine anyone is interested but briefly in case there is an interest,

What we call "karate" in most tournament situations is in reality "kickboxing." Though well intentioned kick boxing destroyed Karate and screwed with boxing and Muy Thai. Traditional Karate is done with no bouncing whatsoever. It is not spectator friendly, is not pretty, etc. Kickboxing took bad boxing and added kicks. Interesting thing about Ju jitsu is that despite the Gracies claims there has never been a match pitting a Gracie against a professionally licensed Muy Thai fighter. Muy Thai actually comes from an older Southeast Asian Art Krabi Kabong and to some extent...Bando...Both full fledged combat arts.

I have seen no Gracie match against a person doing karate the way it was intended to be practiced....Most of what goes for Karate is kickboxing.

So when people talk about MMA being spectator friendly....MMA is designed for spectators, don't kid yourselves!

Oh and regarding the kick? A real pet peeve of mine, that kick should be done with the leg parallel to the ground, like a dog peeing! it should be directed towards the large muscles of the upper leg, preferably to the side where there are nerve areas close to the bone (you can feel them on your leg if you put your fingers into the side of your leg between the front and back just down from the hips. NOBODY but a Thai boxer has any business doing that kick to the shin areas! What did he think was going to happen?
                Last edited by billeau2; 12-29-2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

You MMA haters kill me. you are just like the little kids who sit there and argue about which game is better Xbox one or Ps4.

MMA should be entertaining enough to you guys as fight fans. Yes they arent 'elite boxers' but does one have to be in order for them to be entertaining to watch fight? I could watch 2 bums on the street go at it if they are good enough. And trust me some of these guys in the UFC are good enough. Its not about UFC vs boxing, haters.

Last night the females Ronda Rousey and that other girl put on a scrap that to see something that entertaining on your average boxing card you would be lucky.

Comment

some of you guys are full of ****.

first off, in a street fight an experienced boxer vs a experienced mma fighter - who wins? id go with mma most of the time.

that card last night was better than any undercard boxing threw out this year except maybe the mayweather-canelo card. ufc usually puts out good undercards for their ppvs.

just because you guys arent a fan of wrestling, kicking, mma in general doesn't help people shouldnt be doing it. you in a closed box thinking boxing is superior the same way you think one brand is better than another, which is only cause that brand was probably was more exposed and more people noticed and took interest but that doesnt mean the other brand sucks. think outside the box.

i like how ufc actually showcased females, unlike boxing. and it was a good fight, and yes most ufc fights end very quick sometimes but mma isn't bad at all.

what happened last night was a freak accident but the card in general was very enjoyable. better than most boxing cards this year by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      Alex Ariza disagrees.

I'm not gonna lie. This is one of my favorite responses I've seen. Hilarious. Green K sent.

Comment

Working...
                      X