No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk, Bellew, Joshua, Ward, WBSS: Everyone's a Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    And as we also know, Andre Ward is a proven PPV flop who can't draw flies to a picnic, but still expects the lion's share of the income from all his fights.

With all the mouth watering alternatives open to Usyk .. how likely is he to want to fly to the US to be fcked around, fouled, and ripped off against Ward, for a fraction of the money he could make against Bellew in UK?
    Agree with the sentiment. Boxers are in it for the money. How in heck's name is Andre Ward going to offer Usyk the money if Ward is not a draw himself.

I don't want to make this another extension of the Wilder/Joshua discussion but it is exactly the same situation. Wilder has no credible options to fight as he doesn't draw the money to pay his opponent a respectable purse. In the same way Bellew might be several levels below Ward as a fighter but fighting Bellew brings in way more money for Usyk than a Ward fight ever would.

Comment

Usyk was hurt several times by punches to the belt line against Gassiev, and the ref was scrupulously fair in applying the rules of boxing and warning Murat to keep his punches up.

As we know, in the US, punches to the belt line and six inches below the belt line are all ok, as are flying head butts, if the person landing them is called Andre Ward.

And as we also know, Andre Ward is a proven PPV flop who can't draw flies to a picnic, but still expects the lion's share of the income from all his fights.

With all the mouth watering alternatives open to Usyk .. how likely is he to want to fly to the US to be fcked around, fouled, and ripped off against Ward, for a fraction of the money he could make against Bellew in UK?
      HA! You talking about a GOAT! a man that can come back right now and even challenge Deontay 'Bronze-Bomber' Wilder or maybe even that chicken Anthony Joshua for a HW title...and just for laughs I'm going to throw in that clown Tyson Fury for the 'Lineal' title lmao!!!

Hey, is the offer still available by Eddie Hearn for the Bellend PPV bruh?! and you talking about rules and officiating being from the UK? OK. I can tell Drizzy left you wanting more of greatness, I cant blame you guys -- its not the same anymore.

Comment

A well written and interesting article (except for a couple of typos). A deserved tribute to the Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
          Dont ever mention that unlikable billygoat CoWard who won that Super 6 that didnt even have the best fighters and all the belts, plus Ward just fought in his backyard, the only fighter that was afraid to ever travel, Usyk fought all over the world, in his opponents backyard, something Ward would never ever do. Usyk a real fighter, Ward a foul diva.
          Lol don’t get ahead of yourself Ward I get it you don’t like Ward but sorry he is one of the best ever. Gold medalist. Retired undefeated,
          held multiple world titles in Two weight classes, held Ring mag and lineal Super MW title, and ranked most active boxer P4p by Ring and TBRB.

So sorry but you couldn’t be more wrong with your blatant biases

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyman View Post
            Agree with the sentiment. Boxers are in it for the money. How in heck's name is Andre Ward going to offer Usyk the money if Ward is not a draw himself.

I don't want to make this another extension of the Wilder/Joshua discussion but it is exactly the same situation. Wilder has no credible options to fight as he doesn't draw the money to pay his opponent a respectable purse. In the same way Bellew might be several levels below Ward as a fighter but fighting Bellew brings in way more money for Usyk than a Ward fight ever would.
            Lol Ward not a draw you folks are hilarious. If Bellew can sell out stadiums in the UK it speaks volumes to the taste and class of fighters folks will waste their money on. Making millionaires out of boxers that are sub par at best

Comment

Russian News Agencies reporting Usyk got a 10 million for that fight (prize money, + fighting finally in moscow), not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                Dont ever mention that unlikable billygoat CoWard who won that Super 6 that didnt even have the best fighters and all the belts, plus Ward just fought in his backyard, the only fighter that was afraid to ever travel, Usyk fought all over the world, in his opponents backyard, something Ward would never ever do. Usyk a real fighter, Ward a foul diva.
                Agreed, coWard is a notoriously known for fighting dirty and having home judges look the other way. He aint **** !

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  HA! You talking about a GOAT! a man that can come back right now and even challenge Deontay 'Bronze-Bomber' Wilder or maybe even that chicken Anthony Joshua for a HW title...and just for laughs I'm going to throw in that clown Tyson Fury for the 'Lineal' title lmao!!!

Hey, is the offer still available by Eddie Hearn for the Bellend PV bruh?! and you talking about rules and officiating being from the UK? OK. I can tell Drizzy left you wanting more of greatness, I cant blame you guys -- its not the same anymore.
                  Usyk is not only significantly bigger than Ward, but better, P4P.

He has achieved more than Ward, as both amateur and pro. As an amateur, Usyk won the World Championships as well as Olympic gold.

As a pro, Usyk has aleady done something Ward never did, by becoming an undisputed, 4 belt unified world champion.

At both 168 and 175, there were other world champions Ward absolutely refused to fight.

Usyk beat all the champions in his division and he did it on the road. Another thing Ward absolutely refused to do was fight outside his own country.

Comment

Usyk is not only significantly bigger than Ward, but better, P4P.

He has achieved more than Ward,
                    as both amateur and pro. As an amateur, Usyk won the World Championships as well as Olympic gold.

As a pro, Usyk has aleady done something Ward never did, by becoming an undisputed, 4 belt unified world champion.

At both 168 and 175, there were other world champions Ward absolutely refused to fight.

Usyk beat all the champions in his division and he did it on the road. Another thing Ward absolutely refused to do was fight outside his own country.
                    PLEASE! Andre 'S.O.G' Ward beat the #1. SMW back in 2009 and was lineal by 2011 when he was around 25 years of age ; Seven years later in his retirement most experts would favor him to beat Usyk! I dare say Andre Ward would be favored over Jigglypuff if he came back for that match tomorrow or even the next year! Sad but true, today's elites are bums compared to Drizzy!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                      PLEASE! Andre 'S.O.G' Ward beat the #1. SMW back in 2009 and was lineal by 2011 when he was around 25 years of age ; Seven years later in his retirement most experts would favor him to beat Usyk! I dare say Andre Ward would be favored over Jigglypuff if he came back for that match tomorrow or even the next year! Sad but true, today's elites are bums compared to Drizzy!
                      You've been watching too many LDBC YT videos mate!

Comment

Working...
                      X