Comments Thread For: Usyk vs. Gassiev - LIVE BoxingScene Scorecard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
    Usyk 1-0 Gassiv

The Russian region he's coming from, Osetia.
    Yeah I figured it might have been but I couldn't find anything. Thanks, the curiosity was killing me.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      200 lbs Matrix..
      My hat off to Usyk, I could not believe my eyes. He boxed him for straight 12 rounds, no holding. He kept the intensity throughout the bout.Pretty impressive.

Comment

As a contest, disappointing, but as a performance from Usyk... wow! What a fighter, the work rate, footwork, jab all ridiculous.

Shout out to Briedis for how close he made his fight with Usyk, because Gassiev has got nowhere near.

Wonder if Tony Bellew will still want to fight the winner?

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
          Usyk's movement and jab is nullifying his work, it's a thing of beauty.....

I still won't count out Gassiev landing and finishing Usyk though, this is going to the wire.
          Usyk was very good but Murat was disappointing to say the least. Didn't even say "oh fug it" and just steam in.
          12 - zilch.

Comment

Brilliant performance by Usyk

Comment

Robbery! Fix!

Comment

Calzaghe vs Lacy comes to mind... never expected Gassiev to be so much out of his depth. Embarrassing for everyone who thought Gassiev had a chance (me included)...

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
                  Usyk was very good but Murat was disappointing to say the least. Didn't even say "oh fug it" and just steam in.
                  12 - zilch.
                  Usyk on a different level. It's different when every time you close the guy sticks a jab in your face or moves to the side.

Usyk just took over early and kept the pace, I don't think anything less of Gassiev, I just know a boxer?mover witha good jab is his kryptonite.

Comment

Usyk has to move to heavyweight now. Bellew isn't going near him and I think he would have a chance against all the heavyweights
                    Last edited by Ecosse1; 07-21-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                      Usyk totally dominant, ring generalship is A+, he's turning Gassiev the same way the whole time to take away the left hook and jab..... not sure how you scored that close TBH?
                      Well look I agree Usyk had a way higher output almost all the time and looked sweet but in that 3rd round Gassiev caught on gloves almost all his shots and landed on Usyk a couple of great shots. I always pay close attention if the shots are landing or not and I think Gassiev is often penalysed by the boxing fans for blocking shots instead of using the head movement, kind of like Golovkin (except that Golovkin is sometimes also evading shots by controlling the distance and subtle headmovement). I thought Usyk took around off in the 3rd.

Also my first criterium for scoring the fight is the number of landed shots and body shots don't usually look as exciting as headshots, but I always count them.
                      Second one could either be really hard shots that landed or activity or pressure, I don't know how to explain it better.
                      Looking sweet without landing anything does nothing for me, except if almost everything else is equal.

Anyways I gave Gassiev only 1 round, had 1 or 2 equal rounds and the rest went to Usyk who definitely outclassed him.

Comment

Working...
                      X