Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: I'm Addicted To Boxing - I Want To Defend My Belt!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you pac. Haters gotta hate, I know, but damn, what's with these dudes that are mad cause you got a belt. Defend it make money and go on about your business.

How many other "champs" have "belts" and no one says anything. Pac gets one and now belts are worthless. Hell, belts have always been worthless unless you, the public, make them important.

Comment

Loma is scared to fight a 40 year old Pac at 140, and is trying to play reverse psychology with people acting like it's not a big fight.

The guy was about to fight Beltran or some other no-name at 130 though happily lol.

Prime Pac destroys Loma, and I think even this old Pac can still drop him at any moment in the fight.

Comment

He has like three fights left in him. Fight Loma in December. Khan on first half next year. And let Crawford retire him by end of 2019.

Comment

Anyone talking Loma, Crawford, DSG, Porter, Thurman, and/or Spence is delusional.

Manny is a legend. He was a freaking beast. Now he is 40 years old. I honestly do not understand why anyone would want Manny to fight any of those guys. He would lose. He ko's an over-the-hill Matthysse who was never that great to begin with. Horn is a freaking school teacher and Manny is scared to rematch him. Any fan of Pacquiao should be rooting for him to fight Khan. This isn't dissing Pac at all, it is simply being realistic. He can still beat most fighters, but his days of competing with the best of the best is over and has been for quite a long time.

Everyone ages. There is no shame in that. It is just disappointing to see boxers stick around and keep getting hit in the head. Look at Ali and Roach. Look at Meldrick Taylor. Look at all the football players with CTE. These boxers ruin their long-term health to fight. Which is great, I love boxing. But there is a time when a boxer should retire for good. And yet, none of them ever do. I don't want to see Manny shaking all the time. I don't want him to be depressed and kill himself because of CTE. I've watched many of his fights, and have enjoyed them (even if I was rooting against him). Now I would like to seem him live out his life in good health. Which is incredibly unlikely already, even if he never fights again.

Comment

You are not addicted, you are only greedy. I hope someone puts you to sleep in your next fight. Went after a weak Mathysse thinking you've arrived. The party will soon be over!

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
              Good for you pac. Haters gotta hate, I know, but damn, what's with these dudes that are mad cause you got a belt. Defend it make money and go on about your business.

How many other "champs" have "belts" and no one says anything. Pac gets one and now belts are worthless. Hell, belts have always been worthless unless you, the public, make them important.
              Manuel Charr, Gvozdyk, Tyrone Zeuge, Jermall Charlo, Murata, Brian Castano, Prograis, Alberto Machado, and Carl Frampton all have "belts" every real boxing fan does not count. There are already 18 divisions in boxing with four real titles. Some also have some "regular champs" who are ranked below the "super champ". These second place guys are really just the #1 contender, but the ABC organization makes them a regular "champion".

With so many divisions and four different belts for each division, no one needs to start counting second place belts or #1 contenders as a champion.

Thurman holds the WBA belt. (Though he should be stripped for inactivity.) Matthysse was not considered the WBA champ before fighting Pac, Thurman was. And now after Pac beat Matthysse, Thurman is still considered the true WBA champ. Because the WBA has Thurman has it's "highest" champ. Calling a #1 contender a champ gets more people interested in that guy or for a particular fight. However, real boxing fans only count four belts in any division.

Comment

Originally posted by Sktherealdeal View Post
                You are not addicted, you are only greedy. I hope someone puts you to sleep in your next fight. Went after a weak Mathysse thinking you've arrived. The party will soon be over!
                STFU..... Go watch womens figure skating.. Clearly you aint a boxing fan.. Pac produces unlike other fighters who Bamboozle the public into buying a fight with a MMA fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                  Forget defending that fake belt, get yourself one of the legit 4 belts and defend that one.

If Thurman keeps screwing around, they may upgrade Pacquiao to super champ. Maybe Pac can close out his career in a 4 way tournament with all 3 belt holders. That would be a good way to go out.
                  He would lose every single one of those fights. I think even at this point Shawn Porter and Khan beats him. Everybody else above that tier puts him to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
                    STFU..... Go watch womens figure skating.. Clearly you aint a boxing fan.. Pac produces unlike other fighters who Bamboozle the public into buying a fight with a MMA fighter.
                    In your face

Comment

that's fine, just stay away from the young lions with "real" belts at 147. Don't want to see a humble and smiling senator peppered into oblivion just because you want to show the world what entertainment feels like, you have been and you'll always be remembered for that.

one last hurray? fight the winner between Garcia/Porter, take the belt as one last feat then retire for F sake.

Comment

Working...
                      X