Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Won't Accept Flat Fee; Now It's 50-50 for Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my boy Wilder clearly wants that fight NOW

my boy Joshua..... clearly, does not

imho..... who fkn cares

the interest in that fight has not peaked

and we have not been kept waiting unduly

so, all of that rubbish is bollocks

so long as Hearn/Joshua accommodate that fight in the short-term..... then who cares

props to Wilder

AJ..... wassup bro ?

AJ fans..... stop embarrassing yourselves

this situation is perfectly clear..... I'm out !!

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      How many times did Hearn clearly say that Wilder needed to sign the contract immediately, without any more delays, if he wanted to fight AJ next
      Hearn was saying that publicly, while privately refusing to put in the contract that the fight would be next. Even if Wilder signed immediately, there was nothing in the contract guaranteeing the fight would be next. Hearn eventually admitted the fight wouldn't be until April and that Povetkin was next even if Wilder signed immediately.

before the WBA ordered the mandatory with Povetkin?
      WBA rules are different than IBF rules. The WBA "ordering" the mandatory is irrelevant. A unification still trumps a mandatory and until a purse bid is held, there is time to sign the Wilder fight. It's only in the IBF that once the fight is "ordered," a unification no longer trumps a mandatory.

Since the average fan has a life, a job, a family, etc, and doesn't study sanctioning body politics, they believe Hearn's bogus excuses without realizing Hearn's version of events only would make sense if it was an IBF mandatory. Since it's a WBA mandatory, there's absolutely no reason why Wilder couldn't have signed on Friday. The only hold up was Hearn refusing to allow the fight to be next. Because he never wanted it to be next.
      Last edited by N/A; 07-01-2018, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        Hearn was saying that publicly, while privately refusing to put in the contract that the fight would be next. Even if Wilder signed immediately, there was nothing in the contract guaranteeing the fight would be next. Hearn eventually admitted the fight wouldn't be until April and that Povetkin was next even if Wilder signed immediately.
        Yes ... but that was after AJ had signed to fight Povetkin next.

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        WBA rules are different than IBF rules. The WBA "ordering" the mandatory is irrelevant. A unification still trumps a mandatory and until a purse bid is held, there is time to sign the Wilder fight. It's only in the IBF that once the fight is "ordered," a unification no longer trumps a mandatory.
        1.The WBA "ordered" AJ to fight Povetkin back in April!

http://www.wbaboxing.com/boxing-news...n#.WznhfJMna1s

Hearn asked for an exemption so he could negotiate a fight between AJ and Wilder and the WBA gave him one.

2.There will be no purse bid between AJ and Povetkin. A purse bid is not necessary if terms between champion and mandatory are agreed. What is necessary is that, at some point, the champion must either enter a purse bid with his mando or sign a contract for the unification fight. If he does neither, he will be stripped of his WBA title.

Since the average fan has a life, a job, a family, etc, and doesn't study sanctioning body politics, they believe Hearn's bogus excuses without realizing Hearn's version of events only would make sense if it was an IBF mandatory. Since it's a WBA mandatory, there's absolutely no reason why Wilder couldn't have signed on Friday. The only hold up was Hearn refusing to allow the fight to be next. Because he never wanted it to be next.
        No reason why Wilder couldn't have signed on Friday? So how do you explain this statement from the WBA President, on Wednesday:

"Today the WBA requested an answer from Anthony Joshua's team regarding his fight with the mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin.

"The WBA have allowed over a month extension to negotiations with Povetkin and also ongoing discussions with Deontay Wilder.

"It appears the Wilder team have not returned the contract for the fight and therefore we are requesting a date for the Joshua versus Povetkin fight with immediate effect."

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...ithin-24-hours

Hearn asked for, and was given, multiple extensions by the WBA and told Wilder multiple times to sign the contract without delay because the WBA were running out of patience. Wilder ignored all of this and simply allowed time to run out.

Maybe Hearn and Finkel planned this farce together because neither of them wanted the fight next. But you and I both know that if Wilder had signed the contract Hearn sent him he would be fighting AJ next, before Povetkin.

Cut the bullshit and stop lying about it!

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          my boy Wilder clearly wants that fight NOW

my boy Joshua..... clearly, does not

imho..... who fkn cares

the interest in that fight has not peaked

and we have not been kept waiting unduly

so, all of that rubbish is bollocks

so long as Hearn/Joshua accommodate that fight in the short-term..... then who cares

props to Wilder

AJ..... wassup bro ?

AJ fans..... stop embarrassing yourselves

this situation is perfectly clear..... I'm out !!
          Maybe Wilder himself wanted the fight next, but his team clearly didn't, or they would have told him to sign that contract before the WBA deadline expired.

Whatever games Hearn plays, AJ knows about them and goes along with them willingly. I don't think that is true of Wilder and his "managers".

Comment

Yes ... but that was after AJ had signed to fight Povetkin next.
            Not true. At least not according to Hearn, who was interviewed later and said Povetkin wasn't signed yet, but was definitely happening next.

1.The WBA "ordered" AJ to fight Povetkin back in April!

http://www.wbaboxing.com/boxing-news...n#.WznhfJMna1s

Hearn asked for an exemption so he could negotiate a fight between AJ and Wilder and the WBA gave him one.
            False. He asked for EXTENSIONS, not an exemption. Two different things.

2.There will be no purse bid between AJ and Povetkin. A purse bid is not necessary if terms between champion and mandatory are agreed.[B]
            Of course it's not necessary, but the point is that until one is held, there was still plenty of time for Hearn to sign a Wilder fight next. He just didn't want to. Hearn acted like he had this WBA clock running out and that was a giant lie because until a purse bid is ordered, the clock is irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              A mando can also beat Joshua. They both got flaws.
              Look this is not riddick Bowe vs Lennox Lewis, Bowe was the unidsputed champion who wanted no part of Lewis, this is the same with Joshua he wants no part of Wilder

Stick to 50-50 he will get 50-40 and have the last laugh regardless if he wins, he loses before that so what still was heavyweight champion

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                Not true. At least not according to Hearn, who was interviewed later and said Povetkin wasn't signed yet, but was definitely happening next.
                Whether it was signed at that point made no difference. What matters is that it was definitely happening next.

It wasn't definitely happening next when Hearn sent the contract to Wilder. If Wilder had signed it, he would have been fighting AJ next.

False. He asked for EXTENSIONS, not an exemption. Two different things.
                The exemption was from having to fight Povetkin next, if a deal with Wilder could be finalised and signed.

The extensions were on the time Hearn had been given by the WBA to negotiate and finalise the deal.

It's fun seeing you wriggle like a maggot on a hook!

Of course it's not necessary, but the point is that until one is held, there was still plenty of time for Hearn to sign a Wilder fight next. He just didn't want to. Hearn acted like he had this WBA clock running out and that was a giant lie because until a purse bid is ordered, the clock is irrelevant.
                There will be no purse bid for AJ vs Povetkin. What part of that do you not understand?

And what part of this do you not understand:

"The WBA have allowed over a month extension to negotiations with Povetkin and also ongoing discussions with Deontay Wilder.

"It appears the Wilder team have not returned the contract for the fight and therefore we are requesting a date for the Joshua versus Povetkin fight with immediate effect."
                Gilberto Mendoza, WBA President.
                Last edited by kafkod; 07-02-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Maybe Wilder himself wanted the fight next, but his team clearly didn't, or they would have told him to sign that contract before the WBA deadline expired.

Whatever games Hearn plays, AJ knows about them and goes along with them willingly. I don't think that is true of Wilder and his "managers".

that is flawed logic..... because, the contract was shht

the ONLY question is..... why was the contract shht ?

Joshua (/Hearn) is running around saying that he made every effort to sign that fight..... and yet, they offered Wilder less than they offered Parker

that is NOT how to make a super-fight, and you know it

in his 2-fight offer to Wilder, why did Hearn refuse to guarantee Joshua next?

I think that they will fight Wilder after Povetkin..... mostly because, they have pretty much run out of options..... maybe Miller could be an option, or Fury when he is fit..... but there really is only Wilder left

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
                    I don’t blame Wilder at this point. He should do what GGG did & refuse anything less than 45%. I don’t blame Wilder at all for the fight not happening. It’s so clear that Hearn & Joshua don’t actually want the fight to happen at this point in time. Joshua & Hearn make too much money fighting C list fighters to risk losing it all.
                    The only thing with the GGG comparison is that he was/is the unified champ who feels (as many others do) that he was cheated by the result in the first fight and by Canelo having to postpone the second fight because of his drug intake. Wilder's profile is similar to GGG but doesn't bring much more than the remaining belt and his self promotion to the table. I think that pressure to make the fight will see him probably earn more than 10% but 45%-50%, I doubt will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      that is flawed logic..... because, the contract was shht

the ONLY question is..... why was the contract shht ?

Joshua (/Hearn) is running around saying that he made every effort to sign that fight..... and yet, they offered Wilder less than they offered Parker

that is NOT how to make a super-fight, and you know it

in his 2-fight offer to Wilder, why did Hearn refuse to guarantee Joshua next?

I think that they will fight Wilder after Povetkin..... mostly because, they have pretty much run out of options..... maybe Miller could be an option, or Fury when he is fit..... but there really is only Wilder left
                      Eh? Fighting AJ in April is part of the 2 fight deal Hearn offered.

$15million is substantially more than Parker made from AJ, but I agree .. if Hearn had really wanted the fight next, he would have offered a percentage cut.

By the same token, if Wilder's team had really wanted it next - and they were really confident of winning - they would have told Wilder to accept the $15million.

Comment

Working...
                      X