Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

97G isn't past his prime, he has been exposed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97G isn't past his prime, he has been exposed.

His fans said he would stop "glass chinned" Jacobs easily, he couldn't. His fans said he would dominate Canelo & secure the TKO, he couldn't. 97G is a one-trick pony. He's got power and that's all he has. But power alone has never carried the day at the elite level. That **** gets the job done against scrubs like Leminux and Wade but even above average fighters are too much for 97G. I used to believe that he had too much power and skill, but now I'm convinced both Cotto and Floyd handle him easily. If grows a set and moves up the elite fighters at 168 will stop him & end the hype job.

I don't know about cotto, he is too small & not fast.

Comment

Golovkin hasn't been any more exposed than Floyd Mayweather Jr has, or Andre Ward has, or Canelo Alvarez has or practically any other high tier boxer. It's just that there are higher (sometimes unreasonable) expectations for Golovkin than those other boxers.

Furthermore, many complain that Golovkin only has power and very little skill. Yet, when he does go 12 rounds with opponents and shows actual skills to outbox those opponents, then some of those same individuals then complain that he got exposed and now lacks power. So what is it? What exactly do you all want and expect from Golovkin? He demolishes Kell Brook. yet, he gets criticized for getting having his boxing skills exposed. On the other hand, Golovkin out jabs and outboxes Daniel Jacobs but then the criticism is about how Golovkin all of a sudden lacks power.

Apply those same standards to other boxers that is applied to GGG, then you'll find that near every single other boxers have also been exposed.
      Last edited by Mr Objecitivity; 09-19-2017, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
        His fans said he would stop "glass chinned" Jacobs easily, he couldn't. His fans said he would dominate Canelo & secure the TKO, he couldn't. 97G is a one-trick pony. He's got power and that's all he has. But power alone has never carried the day at the elite level. That **** gets the job done against scrubs like Leminux and Wade but even above average fighters are too much for 97G. I used to believe that he had too much power and skill, but now I'm convinced both Cotto and Floyd handle him easily. If grows a set and moves up the elite fighters at 168 will stop him & end the hype job.
        Get this man a wambulance. And still undefeated! He's such a one trick pony that has managed to lock in his belts and remain unbeaten just like the man you named yourself after.

Comment

GGG isntb exposed, he just fights the best. Floyd avoids best ie spoence, Thurman and brook

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            Get this man a wambulance. And still undefeated! He's such a one trick pony that has managed to lock in his belts and remain unbeaten just like the man you named yourself after.
            Last time I checked 97G drew with Canelo, a fighter Floyd beat easily. Let's see Triple L move up win titles in five weight classes. Then and only then will he deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              GGG isntb exposed, he just fights the best. Floyd avoids best ie spoence, Thurman and brook
              Floyd fought Canelo and beat him easily and decisively. What the **** are you talking about.

Comment

Depends on what you think of him.

Golovkin is a good champion, has decisively beaten some top contenders and made a slew of defenses. So I don't see how he is overrated, unless you're one of those people who thought he was an ATG or a HOF'er based on how easily he vanquished David Lemieux.

But most cooler heads knew that was ridiculous so it's unfair to paint such a broad brush. GGG is what he is and it's nothing to be ashamed of. Plus, there is still time to accomplish more if he so chooses.

Comment

Last time I checked 97G drew with Canelo, a fighter Floyd beat easily. Let's see Triple L move up win titles in five weight classes. Then and only then will he deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Floyd.
                  LMFAO you post 2008 Floyd fans are hilarious..

Comment

If it was just age, he'd have stamina issues and be weak in the body. His body and stamina held up well so I don't think he looked old, in terms of fighting.
                    The power is the last thing to go. Where was the power? I don't really have an answer for that but it's a good subject for debate.

Comment

Working...
                    X