No announcement yet.

The relevance of bag mitts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The relevance of bag mitts

why do people use bag mitts to hit the bag? isnt it better to just use gloves?

To protect the hands. I don't use them myself. Just seamless leather work gloves....

Comment

i just use 10oz gloves

gonna fight with em anyway...may as well get used to em

Comment

i dont use the mitts on the bag, i see people warming up with them for 10 mins, but i use bag gloves witch are heavier than regular bout gloves, makes me use more effort, therefore a better workout all in all.

Comment

but why are bag mitts even sold? whats the point in them?

i got a good pair, but i always prefer just usin gloves coz the protection is so much better.

Comment

usually its because of the weight and the amount of protection..bag glvoes are only for use on the bag so they dont have specific detail like training gloves such as attached thumb paddiung over the wrist
            bunch of different stuff
            and they are sold cheaper...

Comment

Originally posted by boxstarr
              i just use 10oz gloves

gonna fight with em anyway...may as well get used to em

why not get used to bigger 1s in training and when u fight u will have more power and speed with lower 1s? your not gettin ne advantage,i can tell your hand speed is slow

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
                why not get used to bigger 1s in training and when u fight u will have more power and speed with lower 1s? your not gettin ne advantage,i can tell your hand speed is slow

i was talkin to my coach he says it great to go heaviest gloves 18oz then you lighten up come fight time...so that way you can get used to getting hit with tiny ass lgoves and get used to timing wiht smaller and lighter gloves

depends i guess

Comment

Working...
                X