Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The reason Seattle's defense is so great is down to copying Rugby techniques (video).

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reason Seattle's defense is so great is down to copying Rugby techniques (video).

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post

Comment

Seahawks' defense was majestic in the last Super Bowl...

But for me the rugby tackles look so natural -- because I was in the game of rugby for more than ten years...

Now I see that the rugby tackles are seen as some kind of a big discovery in American football -- which makes me smile...
        Last edited by MDPopescu; 10-04-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

This just further proves Carolls genius.

Rugby tackling is very fluid and it helps get the job done while preventing the defender who initiates the tackle from getting seriously injured.

Its perfect type of tacking to avoid any penalties and avoiding helmet on helmet collision.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            **** you that **** made me

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post

Comment

Just watched the start of that video, NFL teams really used their heads in tackles? Why would they do that?

It's interesting Seattle are taught to tackle around the waist most rugby players are too, but actually the absolute most effective tackle in rugby to bring a man down is to take the player around the ankles.

The smallest guys can bring the biggest monsters down simply by tying up his legs beneath the knee.

Are US Football players allowed to offload in the tackle?

Comment

Seahawks defense get away with more holding and PI's, illegal hits then any team in the NFL by a large margin. Its truly unreal.

Comment

Working...
                    X