Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner vs Molina just proved how ordinary Broner is yes or no?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
    I think the Paulie, Quintero, Ponce, Maidana, and Reese fights showed that.
    I was thinking exactly the same, particularly the reese fight.

Comment

Have to echo this.

Comment

Yeah but all those names they had an excuse, Paulie is a vet, ponce and quintero are just tough, Madiana he was out of his weight class. But with molina there is no excuses he could use or they can say, Molina is the weakest 140 in the division.

Comment

This fight went exactly how I expected actually. Broner is a notoriously slow starter & I remembered Molina from the Khan fight and it got me thinking he wasn't a million miles apart from Rees, so expected him to bag a few early before Broner took over.

Comment

The simple truth is that prior to Maidana, Broner should have lost to Pauli, and had two other fights that could have gone either way. Broner could be a very good fighter with proper development, if he stays focused, and he hangs out at 140 for a while. Is he at this moment in any way a great fighter? IMO, no.

Comment

Broners not ordinary, There's quite a few fighters I think beat him 140-147 but he didn't even take it out of 2nd gear and still beat the crap out Molina

Comment

LOL what do you mean by "ordinary"? Not the 2nd coming of Floyd? Then yes. A mediocre fighter who will never amount to anything? Maybe, but let's withhold judgement on that for now.

When it comes to Broner, people are forgetting two things:

1) He is young as heck. In this era, 24 is an age when most fighters begin to take their first baby steps towards contention.

2) Yes, the Paulie and Maidana fights proved that his economical power punching style is ineffective against opponents he can't walk down. But he has a good foundation of skills and plenty of time to develop a new style. But to do so, he needs to tone things done a bit and fight relatively safe opponents for a while. And when he is comfortable with his new style, he can start taking risks.

Comment

Coming forward and leading Broner looks good. Doing everything else he doesn't.

Comment

Molina had been out of the ring for nearly 2 years after a devastating stoppage at the hands of Khan, and Broner went 10 rounds with him and lost 3 rounds and some very close rounds

Its safe to say Broner is a tier below the likes of Khan and Maidana
                    Last edited by FrankieBruno; 05-06-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Broner is the new Berto

Ridiculously overpaid and will lose whenever he steps up in competition

He even had the gall to call out Pacquiao but no one is mentioning it because its a complete farce

Comment

Working...
                      X