No announcement yet.

Sonny Liston vs George Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny Liston vs George Foreman?

Who takes this one and why. I am completely unsure because both have great power and George has an excellent chin but, Sonny could control the fight with his unbelievable jab.

foreman takes this one,liston had power but nothing close to big george,george floors liston early rounds to win via kayo

Comment

Frankly, there's no department in which Foreman is better than Liston... and that includes power. Chuck Wepner, who fought Foreman in his prime and Liston in his twilight, said that Liston hit much harder than Foreman. Both men had great jabs, but Liston's was better and more precise, as were his punches in general. Liston had faster hands, a better chin, and better footwork. I see Liston circling the slower Foreman for six-seven rounds before finishing him.

Comment

Originally posted by "Marvelous" View Post
        Who takes this one and why. I am completely unsure because both have great power and George has an excellent chin but, Sonny could control the fight with his unbelievable jab.

Interesting matchup. Not sure if you know this but both men were friends. Liston used to spar with George when he was young. Foreman has said in the past that Liston was the only fighter he couldn't get to back up.

Liston was also impressed with Foremans power. I believe he said that the world needs to watch out for this young George Foreman who doesn't have one punch KO power, but one punch kill power.....lol.

Comment

This would have been a war, but I think that Foreman had a bigger heart. He would have had the guts to slug it out with Liston, but I don't know if Liston would have stood up to too many of Big George's punches.

Comment

Working...
          X