No announcement yet.

Boxing Scene Hall of Fame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    Good idea. Too keep it alive without causing much trouble we could post it in the History Section Group Discussions? (The indivdual category votes) and have only 1 main thread (this one) where all the votes are relayed from the group.
    This would help because I try to only non trolls in the group, so it would help prevent injusticies.
    That sounds nice, but I don't want to arbitrarily decide who can and can't vote on this. JAB's doing a pretty good job keeping the idiots out anyway. And honestly, if some knucklehead votes for the Klitschkos and Calzaghe on the first ballot, it won't disrupt things that much. I believe in democracy!

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
    You could probably use a few members just to lighten the monthly load. It'd be fairer to have a few, too, so a greater number of deserving names crop up for due consideration, as long as it wasn't too many (as the old maxim goes, put ten people in a room & they may get something done, put thirty in a room, & nothing gets done!) LOL.
    This is true. And you're right, I don't want to have the whole section contribute names because we'd never settle on who was worthy. Like two or three posters max.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      Is there a way to change the thread title so it sounds less like I'm talking about a HOF for members and more our own personal boxing hall of fame?
      No, but I suggest that you start a new thread that addresses this intruiging idea.

And don't forget, vote for me for Boxing Scene Hall of Fame!

j/k

Comment

So what has been decided on is that anybody can nominate an entry and then a smaller group will vote on names who have been decided. This smaller group will probably end up being Barnburner's History Section group, but if that ends up being too many, we could trim it down a little bit. A candidate has to receive three nominations to be eligible for voting and I'm thinking we could do votes every month on the 15th.

Comment

How many nominations per category? When can we submit our first nominations? Who will chair the panel to decide which nominees reach the monthly ballot?

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
            How many nominations per category? When can we submit our first nominations? Who will chair the panel to decide which nominees reach the monthly ballot?
            1. Let's say two fighters, two non-fighters. They can be trainers or "peripheries."
            2. No time like the present.
            3. I suppose I will. As long as I actually get to call myself a chairman.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
              1. Let's say two fighters, two non-fighters. They can be trainers or "peripheries."
              2. No time like the present.
              3. I suppose I will. As long as I actually get to call myself a chairman.
              We're PMing nominations to you?

Comment

Yes, please do. Would you be interested in being the other half of this panel? You've been very helpful.

Comment

I would certainly be interested to help in any way asked, as this is a great idea. I do think, though, that there are some longer-serving, more deserving candidates for that direct role (as much as I am interested myself), like Poet & Barnburner, among others.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Fighters
                    Langford
                    Robinson
                    Armstrong
                    Greb
                    Pep

Trainers
                    Angelo Dundee
                    Ray Arcel

Don Dunphy
                    I second Dundee, Arcel and Dunphy. Didn't Don Dunphy so radio commentary before he did boxing commentary on TV?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      No, but I suggest that you start a new thread that addresses this intruiging idea.

And don't forget, vote for me for Boxing Scene Hall of Fame!

j/k
                      You get my vote. That Ellen Page pic alone clinches it for me lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X