No announcement yet.

I told ya'll ggg is weak!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    I'm not sure what you're insinuating here...Canelo has had the same baptism by fire upbringing that Pac did, Canelo didn't lose to random nobodies along the way though...
    Canelo also wasn't fighting at the championship level at 19.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      You make some good points but overlook a lot of things around Jacob's quality as a fighter. Fans often make this mistake because come forward destroyers like Golovkin look so destructive against lower level fighters, they can't do those same things to higher level fighters, only the real exceptional one's in history were able to do that.

He wasn't able to do the things he normally can because the guy in front of him was doing a whole lot of things in combination that his previous competition wasn't doing. Namely - good foot movement, good upper body movement, tight guard (although jabs getting through), and then more importantly he had real firepower coming back at him, fast, heavy shots. Golovkin was clearly bothered by some of those shots, and he had visible reactions to body punches.

Golovkin didn't get old, he looked physically the same as he always does, but he was in with a very good fighter. He was being made to miss...a lot, especially with power shots. That makes you hesitant to throw.

Overall Golovkin is still one of the best today but he found his level.
      Jacobs was also changing stances, which stifled GGG's jab a bit. Jacobs simply did a lot of things right tonight; he combined a lot of what other GGG opponents tried to do, but he had the physical attributes to go along with it.

Comment

• Everyone conveniently ignoring how he was fighting a cruiserweight because Jacobs is a cheat. No sympathy

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Jacobs was also changing stances, which stifled GGG's jab a bit. Jacobs simply did a lot of things right tonight; he combined a lot of what other GGG opponents tried to do, but he had the physical attributes to go along with it.
          You mean he duped GGG into thinking he's gonna fight for ibf then dropped to gain 15 more lbs to have the physical attributes

Comment

• These emotional mfers, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              You make some good points but overlook a lot of things around Jacob's quality as a fighter. Fans often make this mistake because come forward destroyers like Golovkin look so destructive against lower level fighters, they can't do those same things to higher level fighters, only the real exceptional one's in history were able to do that.

He wasn't able to do the things he normally can because the guy in front of him was doing a whole lot of things in combination that his previous competition wasn't doing. Namely - good foot movement, good upper body movement, tight guard (although jabs getting through), and then more importantly he had real firepower coming back at him, fast, heavy shots. Golovkin was clearly bothered by some of those shots, and he had visible reactions to body punches.

Golovkin didn't get old, he looked physically the same as he always does, but he was in with a very good fighter. He was being made to miss...a lot, especially with power shots. That makes you hesitant to throw.

Overall Golovkin is still one of the best today but he found his level.
              I didn't mean that he got old over night like some fighters have. I'm saying maybe his professional career in the recent years is representative of an old Golovkin. Great fighters in their youth like Duran and Pacquiao had inspirations with their level of attacks and wouldn't allow themselves to fall in a rut of no success. The ferocity and intensity looked liked Durans when he got older. Sure Pac had those fights like Morales 1 and Marquez where his success mirrored Golovkin's tonight but the difference is Golovkin didn't show the energy like Pac to keep Jacobs on edge. Jacobs became comfortable in there and Golovkin didn't do anything about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                I've been telling people he's a bum for years lol
                Is Ward a bum for also obtaining a close decision to Kovalev?

ho wait, I guess Kova is a bigger guy whne they are both same height and weight?

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Yup - in those middle rounds going southpaw really took the jab away. Jacobs was having problems getting out of the way of it when fighting orthodox. To be honest it seems at this sort of level the only punch which consistently works for GGG is his jab, an exceptional fighter could take his jab away from him.

To be honest a guy like Hopkins would have chewed GGG up and spat him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by animelive View Post
                    You mean he duped GGG into thinking he's gonna fight for ibf then dropped to gain 15 more lbs to have the physical attributes
                    The thing is GGG had to respect that second weigh in, so they are not on an even playing field.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                      I didn't mean that he got old over night like some fighters have. I'm saying maybe his professional career in the recent years is representative of an old Golovkin. Great fighters in their youth like Duran and Pacquiao had inspirations with their level of attacks and wouldn't allow themselves to fall in a rut of no success. The ferocity and intensity looked liked Durans when he got older. Sure Pac had those fights like Morales 1 and Marquez where his success mirrored Golovkin's tonight but the difference is Golovkin didn't show the energy like Pac to keep Jacobs on edge. Jacobs became comfortable in there and Golovkin didn't do anything about it.
                      That is because he isn't as good as those other guys you mention. Like I said before - he found his level tonight. That is why he couldn't do anything about it, him and Jacobs are on a similar level.

Comment

Working...
                      X