No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    I had this problem also, I was a Nord, used heavy armour so sneaking was a real pain in the arse. I had almost maxed my smithing so didn't want to start again, in the end i just had a odd mix of brute strength with a few token spells at hard. It didn't really work so i just went back to being a brawler type

Loved the dark brotherhood quest but I lost shadowmere somehow and can't find her, felt like a real bum going back to using a regular horse.

I may have to start a new game now, it's been a while.
    I'd fire it up if you got the time, my friend. Another reason why back 4 years ago I really had no time to dedicate to the game was because of my job.

Got more of a 9 to 5 deal going on now, so I can time suck a bit more now.

Game is just much more enjoyable it you go in with a certain dedicated "type" or "build' in mind, don't mess around with every damn skill or perk, and just concentrate on the ones that will emphasize what your build is all about.

Already thinking about a pure mage build on my next go through in this game..

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      I'd fire it up if you got the time, my friend. Another reason why back 4 years ago I really had no time to dedicate to the game was because of my job.

Got more of a 9 to 5 deal going on now, so I can time suck a bit more now.

Game is just much more enjoyable it you go in with a certain dedicated "type" or "build' in mind, don't mess around with every damn skill or perk, and just concentrate on the ones that will emphasize what your build is all about.

Already thinking about a pure mage build on my next go through in this game..
      I can seriously lose myself in that game like no other. I can go hours without even looking at the time. once i assumed it was just after 1am or something until i heard the birds chirping outside it was 6am

I'm going to go with a mage too i think, i never used any of the robes i acquired when i was a nord, will be a completely different experience this time around.

Comment

• Glad to see there are other boxers who are TES fans just like me. The remaster coming out this fall should be real interesting to get my hands on, even though the content is mostly the same as before

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          I had this problem also, I was a Nord, used heavy armour so sneaking was a real pain in the arse. I had almost maxed my smithing so didn't want to start again, in the end i just had a odd mix of brute strength with a few token spells at hard. It didn't really work so i just went back to being a brawler type

Loved the dark brotherhood quest but I lost shadowmere somehow and can't find her, felt like a real bum going back to using a regular horse.

I may have to start a new game now, it's been a while.
          Speaking of Shadowmere....

That horse is a fucking lunatic. And I mean that in the best way possible.

I never really bothered with horses. Usually just fast traveled, or would take a long hike and try to level up fighting critters along the way.

Just last night, finally took ole Shadowmere on a trip. Went to go to the Azura Shrine or whatever, way northeast on the map. Well, shit got all types of crazy. Ran into two ice bears, and six ice wolves. So I'm riding around like a maniac trying to think of what the hell I'm going to do with all these things after me.

Then a fucking dragon decides he wants to join the party.

Pretty much resign myself that I'm a dead man, and I'm going out like a soldier. Dismount Shadowmere....

And she goes apeshit.

She single handily kills three of the wolves, tanks the attacks by the bears and the dragon, allowing me to sneak attack and one-shot the bears, and beat the ever loving crap out of the dragon. I might have took 3 hits total. She had over half her life bar left.

Looked at me with those glowing red eyes like, These pussies ain't shit, homie. What's next?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            Speaking of Shadowmere....

That horse is a fucking lunatic. And I mean that in the best way possible.

I never really bothered with horses. Usually just fast traveled, or would take a long hike and try to level up fighting critters along the way.

Just last night, finally took ole Shadowmere on a trip. Went to go to the Azura Shrine or whatever, way northeast on the map. Well, shit got all types of crazy. Ran into two ice bears, and six ice wolves. So I'm riding around like a maniac trying to think of what the hell I'm going to do with all these things after me.

Then a fucking dragon decides he wants to join the party.

Pretty much resign myself that I'm a dead man, and I'm going out like a soldier. Dismount Shadowmere....

And she goes apeshit.

She single handily kills three of the wolves, tanks the attacks by the bears and the dragon, allowing me to sneak attack and one-shot the bears, and beat the ever loving crap out of the dragon. I might have took 3 hits total. She had over half her life bar left.

Looked at me with those glowing red eyes like, These pussies ain't shit, homie. What's next?
            Haha yeah man, that thing takes on all comers with no fucks given.

I remember being in a remote location, thought it was safe to get up and go for a piss but all i could hear in the bathroom was shadowmere making all kinds of noise fighting with an ancient dragon I only left for 1 freaking minute, she did do some damage to the Dragon though! I think that's how i may have lost her, she probably buggered off chasing dragons without a care in the world.

You don't need a horse once you have uncovered every bit of the map and every location, but that horse was a godsend when i was exploring, especially going down mountains as you can pretty much run down without hurting her too much where a regular horse gets hurt from a 4 foot drop.

Comment

• Learning more about the Shouts. The two that have made my character absolutely lethal in dungeons, ruins, and bandit camps are Slow Time and Aura Whisper.

I almost hate when I'm forced to take a companion in the game anymore because they almost always fuck up, and give away position.

Aura Whisper detects dead and undead within the vicinity. I know just about everything I'm dealing with going into a unknown chamber or hall or camp.

Slow Time does exactly what it says it does. Your characters speed of movement is slowed, but your enemies are slowed down dramatically more. So while they are running at you, you basically just light their asses up.

They are not as sexy as some of the other Shouts, but from a tactical standpoint as they relate to my character, I'm fucking deadly with them.

And don't get me pissed off, drop a high level invisibility potion, and hit you with that 30x damage, dual power, Blade of Woe and Ebony dagger sneak attack for that ass.

The only things surviving that at this time in the game are the dragons.

Like how this game is progressing. My character isn't overpowered by any means. I slip up and I'm not careful, I get cornered by two or three enemies, it can get ugly for me really quick.

No blocking and light armor isn't cool when guys are smacking you upside the head with warhammers, two handed axes, and swords.

But they got to catch me first.

NINJA VANISH.........

Comment

• On another build. Call it the Sorcerer of Imma Whoop That Monkey Ass.

I'm Level 28 right now, and I basically stalemated 7-8 Companions Guild members. Walked into the Jovaskar or whatever the building is called, and picked a fight. Killed 3-4 members in literally seconds, and the 4 non-killable NPC's, I got bored with after about 10 minutes of smacking them around like children.

This build is straight power leveling and tedious grinding, but holy shit is it powerful.

Full enchanted Daedric Armor with 45% Destruction reduction.

A enchanted ring with 25% Destruction reduction.

Big ol' Magic reserves.

I'm at 100 Conjuration. I can summon a Dremora Lord that can go heads up with Giants to do my bidding.

I'm basically a tank that can shoot fire, lighting, and ice from both hands for a long time, and can summon another tank with a giant sword of fiery doom.

Thank you, Atronach Forge.
                Last edited by Sweet Pea 50; 07-03-2016, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Time to retire the game for awhile.

Went from a total scrub that had no clue what to do, to making resto looped invincible monsters that could whirlwind sprint of the very top of High Hrothgar with no problem, 1 fofillion damage weapons, and no cool down time between Dragon Shouts. Probably shouldn't have learned how to dabble with that glitch.

Easily top 3 game I have ever played.

Gonna be a long wait for TES 6.

Comment

• What's up Sweet Pea 50 !!

So comrades, as a lightweight serious gamer I'm embarrassed to say I never played Skyrim. I got into Bethesda games after - got heavily into Fallout New Vegas, then FO3, then FO4. Absolutely loved these games. New Vegas was my favorite (I'm aware Bethesda didn't develop NV but close enough).

Unfortunately I do not have a gaming PC set up so I've been limited to consoles. But I've seeing how Skyrim is coming to the PS4 in a few days. Needless to say I'm going to pick it up, since I really love RPGs and Bethesda games and all the quirkiness that comes with it.

What tips can you give me before i play? I've played None of the Elder Scrolls games, I've only watched some videos here and there and of course have been exposed to countless memes over the years. I feel it's my duty to at the very least experience Skyrim. Is it fine in your opinion to jump right into it without playing any of the previous gsmes? iirc I read it takes place years after then the previous game, so the previous plot isn't really relevant. What about all the lore and stuff, do I need to watch some kind of recap video to get up to speed or should I dive right into it?

When I got into Witcher 3, I did so without any knowledge whatsoever of thr previous games and while some of it felt a little overwhelming at first, the he was so amazing that I got into it and read so much of the in-gsme lore that I was fully engulfed in the story in no time and didn't matter one bit. Similar here with Skyrim you think?

Comment

• Sup, Nat.

You don't have to have played any of the previous ES games. But there is a lot of lore and inside stuff that you won't pick up on, obviously. I only played Oblivion prior to this myself.

Far as gameplay, I found that the most enjoyment I have had comes from stealth/assassin/thief type characters. It probably doesn't hurt that what I feel are the games best quest lines in my opinion,, The Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild, are weighted heavily towards that type of of character. This isn't counting some of the downloadable content.

Go in as blind as you can into the game. Kinda hard with a 5 year old game that sold over 20 million copies, but it really is giant sandbox that you can pretty much make your own. Do your own thing.

Play on Master or Legendary. Honestly, once you get a hang of the perk system and develop strategies of various builds, it really isn't that difficult to make a very powerful character without using glitches and exploits.

The game has it's flaws and sometimes can get very repetitive, but then you'll find a whole other miscellaneous side quest that you had no clue was in the game.

I used to be a player like you, then I took an arrow in the knee....

Comment

Working...
                      X