Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook's Challenge of Golovkin Shows Signs of 1980s Greatness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    smh

size is not about height and reach

its about bone density, muscle density, girth, and mass

example.....Tyson was 5'11" with like a 72" reach ..the height and reach of a middleweight...so are he and GGG the same size??? imagine if cruiserweights were jumping up to fight tyson...murked

they are similar in height, not size.

GGG is the bigger guy and will be by at least 13 pounds fight night unless brook bulks up or just comes in soft
    You're absolutely right, all of that does matter. So does weight.

Brook is a natural 154lb'er that somehow makes 147. He struggles with the IBF 10lb next day rule, and by the time of the fight they say he's walking in there between 160-165lbs. When Glolovkin fought Wade, Limieux and Rubio he was only 164-165 at the 30 days weigh in, and then by fight night he gets into the ring around 170.

I am not too sure about their girth (you may know more than me) but in general I think they won't be too far apart.

It's not going to change the outcome though, but it may make for a more competitive fight that people first think.

Comment

By Lyle Fitzsimmons

i stopped here

Comment

Originally posted by lefthooklead View Post

Brook is a natural 154lb'er that somehow makes 147. He struggles with the IBF 10lb next day rule, and by the time of the fight they say he's walking in there between 160-165lbs. When Glolovkin fought Wade, Limieux and Rubio he was only 164-165 at the 30 days weigh in, and then by fight night he gets into the ring around 170.

I am not too sure about their girth (you may know more than me) but in general I think they won't be too far apart.

It's not going to change the outcome though, but it may make for a more competitive fight that people first think.

so in other words....he is smaller and not a true middleweight...got ya

its not rocket science

....in other news...JUST AS i PREDICTED ggg WILL NOT BE FACING A TOP TEN MIDDLEWEIGHT IN HIS NEXT FIGHT...I KNEW IT!!!

Comment

I give Brooke all the credit in the works for stepping up daring to be great. If you watch the Brooke Porter fight you see that in spurts brook will land jabs rights and left hooks nice set up up punches. You will also see in spurts Porter throw brook around and bull him around like a rag doll. This leads me to believe brook will do well in spurts boxing landing his jab, counters but the strength and power of GGG punches will eventually grind down brook 9 on stoppage ggg

Comment

Originally posted by lefthooklead View Post

How can you say a fighter who has never fought at 154 is a natural 154lb fighter? And even if he can carry 154 that still don't make him a middleweight! Just recognize what you looking at.....a mismatch!

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
              Matthew Macklin is Irish u dip****.
              ...born and bred in Birmingham, England

hmmm

Comment

So Khan moves up 8 lbs to challenge for a belt and Canelo catches a s**t storm. Now flip it as Brook moves up 13 lbs and Triple G is being compared to MW greats. No double standard here??

Comment

There's not a lot of these cases nowadays.

Most challenges don't even require moving up or down. Champs in the same division just won't fight each other. Makes you wonder why they pick boxing as a career in the first place.

Comment

Good article, whoever compares GGG Brook to Canelo Khan is a friggin casual, who has no idea about boxing. Canelo had a ton of options, ducked his mandatory GGG, dropped the belt, all other top MW ducked GGG so as last resort he had to take the only guy who would step up in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                      Good article, whoever compares GGG Brook to Canelo Khan is a friggin casual, who has no idea about boxing. Canelo had a ton of options, ducked his mandatory GGG, dropped the belt, all other top MW ducked GGG so as last resort he had to take the only guy who would step up in time.

No comparison since Brook is moving up 13 lbs and Khan only moved up 8 to fight Canelo. You can call me a casual if you want, I've been watching and following this sport for 25 years. But I guess I'm just a casual fan. And if that's the excuse GGG's camp is using, he could have look to weight classes north of MW. There's a Russian fighter at 175 who seems to have trouble finding opponents too.

Comment

Working...
                      X