Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Errol Spence's Flaws as a Boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are Errol Spence's Flaws as a Boxer?

We all know Errol passes the eye test and does many things right, but what is he doing wrong in there?

He passes the eye test but he dosnt pass the suspicion test!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
      He passes the eye test but he dosnt pass the suspicion test!

Yeah, he seems to wade in and take punches that he doesn't have to sometimes. Just wondering if an opponent with the right power can actually make him pay for that. Not sure at 147 though.

Comment

He likes to keep his head rock stready as he approaches

You need a boxer with a good right hand , and a smart head

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
          He likes to keep his head rock stready as he approaches

You need a boxer with a good right hand , and a smart head
          Wow. Very interesting point, man!

I always thought Mike Tyson went to hell when he lost his head movement.

Comment

He doesn't have above average head movement. He gets hit too much

Comment

He's a little stiff and lacks quick headmovement and fluid footwork on the back foot. I understand why he does it. It always keeps him balanced and perfect position to punch when he sees openings while relying on his gloves to defend and quick small steps.

The right fighter might make him pay for it though.

Comment

Spence has the same flaw all ko fighters do. He gets hit. An A+ boxer usually beats an A+ puncher. I don't know if anyone at 147 is really an A+ boxer though. Thurman might have had the skills, but he is too scared. Best chance Spence loses at 147 is if someone with enough power just lands a perfect punch.

Comment

Gets overly Aggressive sometimes trying to destroy his opponent that he forgets to get back on defense but that is actually common for ALL Aggressive Fighters who are Natural Born KILLERS looking to destroy their opponent. I think it is Flaws that will be cleaned up vs more threatening opponents. Has a good High Guard and he Parry punches Very Well but yeah he gets sloppy defensively sometimes for sure...

It is boxing, you're going to get hit regardless! How you take them and recover from them is more important and also how many times you get hit with those big punches as well, also can you adjust and make sure those same punches don't land repeatedly
                  Last edited by sicko; 11-21-2018, 12:22 AM.

Comment

I really like Spence because he’s a great body puncher who is committed to it. That will and skill can cover up most flaws.

He’s a stationary fighter who wades in and takes punches. He’s a big Welter though so he can take most shots. Has decent hand speed and good footwork. He’s a less skilled Andre Ward IMO, which is still really good.

I think he will beat everyone save Crawford at 147, and only loses to Crawford if Crawford gets more comfortable at the weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X