Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before this video was released the officers were only written up and reprimanded.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Well I'd say if you feel cops should be judge, jury, and executioner then America isn't the place for you.

Why do you hate the Constitution and due process, commie?
    C'mon... someone does something that provokes a reaction. People know when they are doing so...especially if they are doing that to a cop. He got what he asked for. What would you do if someone spit on you?

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      C'mon... someone does something that provokes a reaction. People know when they are doing so...especially if they are doing that to a cop. He got what he asked for. What would you do if someone spit on you?
      Cops are held to a higher standard than the average person because of the responsibility/power that comes with the job.

My step-father told me when he became a sheriffs deputy (he was the second black sheriff deputy in that county) the fellow officers would scream and call him the n-word in training to prepare him for what he'd face being a black man patrolling a white area. He never had a problem in his 25 years working there.

Comment

Cops are held to a higher standard than the average person because of the responsibility/power that comes with the job.

My step-father told me when he became a sheriffs deputy (he was the second black sheriff deputy in that county) the fellow officers would scream and call him the n-word in training to prepare him for what he'd face being a black man patrolling a white area. He never had a problem in his 25 years working there.
        That's nice but the guy in the video was sentenced a year less 1/3 which in reality means he will only serve about 120 days for beating his wife...resisting arrest and spitting on a cop. Sometimes someone needs a little justice done to them that the system fails to provide. I think he got what he asked for.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          That's nice but the guy in the video was sentenced a year less 1/3 which in reality means he will only serve about 120 days for beating his wife...resisting arrest and spitting on a cop. Sometimes someone needs a little justice done to them that the system fails to provide. I think he got what he asked for.
          What justice should happen to that cop who has had multiple disciplinary issues since first being hired? Obviously whatever they're doing hasn't worked

For Newland, the reprimand was not his first disciplinary incident. It was his ninth, according to personnel records gathered by The Tribune and ProPublica.

After being hired in 2008, Newland was suspended six times and reprimanded twice in his first five years.

In 2009, Newland was “very rude and unprofessional,” using profanity toward a member of the public while responding to a call, personnel records say. The police chief at the time, Dale Pflibsen, suspended Newland for one day. “You have been employed for just over one year and this is not the first allegation of you verbally loosing (sic) control towards the public,” Pflibsen wrote to Newland.

“I want to emphasize we will not tolerate this behavior from you towards anyone,” Pflibsen added. “If you plan on continuing your career at the Elkhart Police Department I suggest you seek counseling for anger management.”

The next year, in 2010, Newland was suspended one day for causing a car crash.

In 2011, Newland received a three-day suspension for conduct unbecoming an officer. After arresting a woman for public nudity — she and her boyfriend were having sex in their car, in Elkhart’s McNaughton park — Newland sent her a friend request on Facebook and seven text messages, asking to “hang out.”

“Needless to say you attempting to establish a relationship with this female, a defendant in a criminal case, is unprofessional,” Pflibsen wrote to Newland. “This type of conduct will not be tolerated by you or anyone else.”

One year later, in February 2012, Newland was suspended again, this time for one day. Newland, while off duty, flipped off another driver — who, it turned out, was a jail officer in St. Joseph County, according to a disciplinary letter. Newland also drove recklessly, “brake checking” the other driver, according to disciplinary records.

“Should there be another sustained allegation of this type of misconduct on or off duty I will seriously consider your termination from the Elkhart Police Department,” Pflibsen wrote to Newland.
          He's a bad apple and a bad influence on other cops. He obviously has anger issues and has been allowed to continue to terrorize those who pay his salary.

Comment

He's a bad apple and a bad influence on other cops. He obviously has anger issues and has been allowed to continue to terrorize those who pay his salary.

I agree with part of what you are saying here and he probably will and should be released. In spite of this under the circumstances of this particular incident...I have no sympathy for the guy who got beat up and still feel he had it coming.

Comment

They know there's cameras and still do **** like that. Pure arrogance and belief they're above the law.

Comment

you should know by now there's no justice for police crime. the law gives them the power of god basically, they hold people's lives in their hands and can exterminate them if they wish. a cop can wake up in a bad mood and say "ima kill a mofo today", do just that and still return home in time for dinner. knowing this cold truth you should maneuver and behave accordingly. they all use the "we got to make split second decisions" excuse but you dont see any other developed country with cops as murderous as the USA.

Comment

Meh I don’t blame the one that got spit on. Dude on the left had no reason to punch him

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    They know there's cameras and still do **** like that. Pure arrogance and belief they're above the law.
                    The officer has anger problems. A known criminal running from him spits on his face after being detained. This has NOTHING to do with arrogance and everything to do with recruiting officers who aren't complete nutcases from the start.

Half of these cases have cops that look like they're legitimately mentally challenged. They definitely should not be cops and it's a real tragedy that the screening system is so lenient as to who can protect those in their community.

Comment

Working...
                    X