Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo will NOT be a 3 division champ if he beats Fielding.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Why drag GGG into a Canelo thread? GGG defeated 20 guys with a world title on the line even if it wasn't for the full title. Canelo is fighting a world champion even if everybody knows the real 168 pound champion is Smith who KOed Fielding in the 1st round. Don't blame Canelo and GGG for the alphabet groups having two or three so called world champions in each weight class.
    Canelo knows what he's doing by taking on Fielding. He knows he isn't the real champ, and knows he isn't world class. If Canelo wanted he could have fought the real champ in Smith and proved he was serious about his move up but clearly he isn't. He's just trying to pull the wool over people's eyes. Only the foolish will fall for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Can't really argue with the principle but it's amusing the way that Golovkin fans are portrayed as some kind of monolithic entity that swallowed all propaganda, thought that his **** fights were great, and sold him as some kind of defense record holder and the greatest MW in history.

That kind of narrative was always false and the vast majority of Golovkin fans were critical of many of his fights (whilst allowing that there were legitimate reasons why he didn't get better opposition), were sceptical of the 'defense record' (whilst allowing that Golovkin was jobbed out of a shot a the 'real title' years earlier), and only ever claimed he was the best current MW not some unbeatable ATG.

But yeah. Back to the topic at hand, I share your opinion. Golovkin (by my count) had 15 legitimate defenses when he was either sole WBA World champion or Super champion. It's a considerable achievement, but still a ways off the record - whatever that matters. Canelo won't be a 3 division champ this weekend by my reckoning, but you're likely right that he'll get there in the end.

that is EXACTLY what they did.....

..... I have heard Golovkin fans say EXACTLY that !

what is amusing..... is that you are denying it

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
        Isn't he already a three division champion? Welterweight, Jr middle and middleweight?

nah, they missed welter

not sure why, but I suspect it may have had something to do with being unable to make weight..... many of Canelo's welterweight fights were at 150

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
          Yeah, Sturm was the real WBA champ but he didn't want to face his mandatory in Golovkin so paid the WBA to split the title. At the point of ducking the fight I considered Golovkin the real WBA champ. If you were to go out there and lose in the first round it wouldn't come close to being anywhere near to being as bad as basically dropping the belt the way he did.

This isn't the same thing. The real WBA champ at 168 is Smith. Canelo could have faced him if he wanted but instead chose to fight a non world class fighter in Fielding for that bogus **** he has a hold of. So completely different. Although considering the amount of Golovkin haters we have on this forum, i'm sure they'll see it their way never to see the situation as it is but instead try and make it seem much worse than it was with their own version of the truth.

nah, there are no " but's " dude.....

he either was, or he was not..... there is no why

hold your pity-party somewhere else

you cried about someone making up their own version of truth..... and then you proceeded to do just that LMAO

Comment

Canelo will obviously not become a genuine SMW champ by beating Fielding

don't know how anyone can deny that

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              nah, there are no " but's " dude.....

he either was, or he was not..... there is no why

hold your pity-party somewhere else

you cried about someone making up their own version of truth..... and then you proceeded to do just that LMAO
              Are you saying Golovkin wasn't the mandatory? Are you saying Sturm didn't pay the WBA to split the titles and create the regular title just so he could duck?

It seems you're the one who is denying truth and reality. It isn't my belief or opinion, it's cold hard facts. Your hate just won't allow you to see it because for some reason Golovkin has done you wrong so you spend every day on here smearing him at every turn like a ****ing weirdo stalker.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                Are you saying Golovkin wasn't the mandatory? Are you saying Sturm didn't pay the WBA to split the titles and create the regular title just so he could duck?

It seems you're the one who is denying truth and reality. It isn't my belief or opinion, it's cold hard facts. Your hate just won't allow you to see it because for some reason Golovkin has done you wrong so you spend every day on here smearing him at every turn like a ****ing weirdo stalker.

I am saying that Golovkin was not the super-champ you idiot

stop crying about posters who make up their own version of truth..... and then making up your own version of the truth

have your pity-party somewhere else

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  I am saying that Golovkin was not the super-champ you idiot

stop crying about posters who make up their own version of truth..... and then making up your own version of the truth

have your pity-party somewhere else
                  I never called him the Super Champ though did I? I just said he was the real WBA champ after Sturm ducked him. These are facts. I don't care what anyone calls that phony Sturm, but after ducking Golovkin the way he did, the last thing i'd call him is champ.

Comment

Yep the same people who supported ggg's title defenses are trying to slam canelo's fight tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      Hopkins reign was a joke. Padded his record against of no-hopers and never-was contenders and pretenders. Guy fought Robert Allen 3x, imagine of GGG fought Monroe or Murray 3x? Hopkins has one of the most overrated runs at any weight class.
                      What does Hopkins have to do with this thread?

Comment

Working...
                      X