Questions: Heavy Bag...Protein

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions: Heavy Bag...Protein

I have a few questions...

When dropping weight, how does one minimize the muscle loss? Should I maintain high protein in my 1200-1500 cal diet than I'm on for another month?

Also, why use bag gloves for hitting the heavy bag instead of actual boxing gloves? To me,it seems the added weight of the gloves could actually help.

What's your weight and how much do you need to lose? That looks like way too few calories for healthy weight loss. The more aggressive you go about your weight loss (ie. the lower the amount of calories), the more muscle you're gonna lose. Take it slow, you'll keep more of your muscle, and have more energy for training. If it's lasting fat loss you're looking for, you shouldn't aim to drop more than 2 lbs a week.
    If you're average size, and you train a lot, you should eat at least double the number you're of calories you're eating now.

Comment

^What he said.

Comment

your on half your recommended calorie intake and yet you seem to be training ard at the same time which of course burns more calories this wil lead you to quick weight loss, alot of which will be muscle

Comment

To the thread starter...when you ask questions like these, put your stats like height, weight, experience, bodyfat if you can, etc. so it's easier to help you.

Comment

Ok.

I'm 5'10", 167lbs, moderate muscle...dont have a %. I'm trying to drop down to 160 in 1 month...so 7 lbs in 4 weeks. Only then will I begin to train and getting a lot more cals...double about.

Also, I'm NOT doing heavy training right now. I'm doing about 30-60 minutes of cardio 3 or 4 times a week...a little bag work just to keep arms fit and worked...50 pushups every other day.

For me, 1500 cals intake IS 2 lbs a week. It's all balanced foods, fish, dairy, fruit, grains, taking vitamins, ect. Truthfully, I'm usually between 1400-1800 cals intake each day right now.

Comment

If you're losing just 2 lbs. a week with 1500 calories, then you're fine.

Comment

Working...
              X