No announcement yet.

Improving foot speed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving foot speed.

Is there a way to have faster feet, or is it just something you either have or don't have?

Jump rope and learn to do different tricks jump roping, don't stay in one spot, move app over then place while jump roping, speed it up, switch up your stance constantly. Get some rhythm.

Practice your footwork before shadowboxing, just footwork moving around the ring. A lot of trainers and fighters don't stress footwork, good footwork IMO is more important than anything else in the ring.

Practice practice practice, thts really it.

Comment

Look to sports where foot-speed and agility are essential! notice how most of the boxers with the best foot speed and agility such as? Floyd Mayweather, Roy Jones all played basketball! so i suggest that you look up some basketball speed/agility drills! in the sport of basketball you need to be able to accelerate and then change direction over short distances! this type of fitness can transfer over into boxing (Also research on how Tennis players train!)...

Also things like sprinting, and plyometrics will help! (Box jumps, jumping hurdles etc).......not every person has the type of muscle fibres and neurological development to be agile! but where there is a will, there is always a way! (The human body is a adapt to a certain extent)...

Comment

I actually do a lot of running, no machines, and it worked for me. A mile or 2 a few times per week.

Comment

fwd and back shuttle runs help me, like a Corner Back in football. 2 yards fwd 2 yards back feet in and out moving along in a W formation over say 10 yards (horizontal)

Comment

Just started Boxing/Kickboxing training a couple of weeks ago.

Looked this up not long after.

http://www.mightyfighter.com/exercis...ork-in-boxing/

Comment

someone needs to send this link to canelo

Comment

i'd say a lot of the football (soccer) drills are great for footwork and would translate to boxing. Speed ladders, hurdles, sprints , box jumps

Comment

5 sets
                  10 broad jumps(jump as far out as you can)
                  10 lateral jumps(jump as far as you can laterally)

Comment

Working...
                  X