• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny porter: Golovkin "beat us easy" in amateurs

KENNY PORTER BREAKS DOWN GOLOVKIN VS. JACOBS;

RECALLS GOLOVKIN "BEAT US EASY" IN AMATEURS

KENNY PORTER "I WATCHED "GGG" GOLOVKIN BEAT OUR GUYS IN THE AMATEURS"

Comment

1 word.....''amateurs''. why do people keep bringing up shlt that happens in the ama ?!?!? completely irrelevant.

Comment

from what ive been told on this site, ggg is just a stiff european with no head movement, no defense but he can punch hard. God knows how he was such an impressive amateur with that skillset (or lack of)

Comment

amateur immortal = the heisman trophy winner

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            from what ive been told on this site, ggg is just a stiff european with no head movement, no defense but he can punch hard. God knows how he was such an impressive amateur with that skillset (or lack of)

It's impossible for crap boxers to do well in the amateurs. Audley Harrison never existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
              It's impossible for crap boxers to do well in the amateurs. Audley Harrison never existed.
              Do well in the amateurs equals to this description of a fighter? defeating entire USA teams leaving the guys deflected?

Interviewer: What do you think about GGG? are there still questions about him? is he legit?

KP: I always knew he was legit. From the amateur system, when he beat a lot of our guys from team USA. He's just always been a legitimate guy. Like Lomachenko (...) So there's no questions there, he's the real deal, he's the goods, he has the ability, the skill level, everything is there. Just like anything else, everybody wants him to take on tougher challenges, and till that happens, people is still gonna have questions, but I know he's for real.
              (...)

Interviewer: What made you remember GGG? you saw a lot of fighters in the olympics, what is it that he made, that made him stand up in your mind? just that he beat a lot of the guys or what?

KP: he beat us... he beat us easy... and he beat us bad... You know? we had guys that fought him and they would come back to the corner disgusted... and dejected. And we as coaches, knew what we were dealing with. He was just that good, you know. And he beat some very very talented guys from team USA. I don't think there's one thing that stands out about him... it's all things that he does. And he makes it look so easy. He doesn't appear to be working hard at all.

Comment

Working...
              X