Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the ref in Germany be fair to Pulev or will Wlad be allowed to constantly hold?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
    I just hope the ref is fair.

I know Wlad will probably win anyway, but I hope Pulev has a fair chance with a ref who doesn't permit Wlad to hold.

Mayweather was permitted to hold as much as he wanted in his recent fight with Maidana. Crooked referees like Bayless hurt the sport.
    bringing up Floyd can get you banned as this thread has nothing to do with him

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      bringing up Floyd can get you banned as this thread has nothing to do with him
      I just want Pulev to have a fair chance with honest officials working the fight.

Boxing's big stars like Wlad and Floyd shouldn't be allowed to use shady referees who permit them to hold.

Fair play is essential in all sports.
      Last edited by The Hammer; 09-20-2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
        No, it can't get me banned. Floyd was given special protection in the ring by refs like Bayless and Cortez, but he's not given special protection in boxing forums.

I just want Pulev to have a fair chance with honest officials working the fight.

Boxing's big stars like Wlad and Floyd shouldn't be allowed to use shady referees.

Fair play is essential in all sports.
        There's a new "Stay on topic" rule. I think it's a bit excessive but I can see why it was implemented. Too many people love changing the course of a thread talking about a Light heavyweight fight, all the way to Mayweather vs Castillo or something stupid thing like that.

I think comparing Wlad's holding to Mayweather-Maidana's holding(if it's your opinion) is on topic, the topic of holding, but i'm not an admin.

Stay On Topic: If you are in NSB, post threads and posts ABOUT boxing. If you are in a thread about Maidana-Broner, POST ABOUT Maidana Broner. Nobody wants to come into a topic about Wladimir Klitschko and see a vicious Mayweather-Pacquiao debate going on. We don't care who started it, everyone involved in the off-topic discussion is to blame.

First Offense: 3 day Ban
        Second Offense: 1 month ban
        Third offense: 3 month ban
        Fourth: You're gone

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          There's a new "Stay on topic" rule. I think it's a bit excessive but I can see why it was implemented. Too many people love changing the course of a thread talking about a Light heavyweight fight, all the way to Mayweather vs Castillo or something stupid thing like that.

I think comparing Wlad's holding to Mayweather-Maidana's holding(if it's your opinion) is on topic, the topic of holding, but i'm not an admin.
          Thanks for letting me know about that, I'll be careful.

And you are correct, bringing up the ref allowing holding Floyd to hold Maidana is consistent with the title and theme of this thread.

Boxing's big stars like Wlad and Floyd should need to abide by THE SAME RULES AS THEIR OPPONENTS and not be permitted to get away with excessive holding (as in Klitschko-Povetkin, Mayweather-Maidana and other fights).

Comment

In German boxing, if you don't clinch enough, they say you have no inside defensive skills.

Comment

Working...
            X