No announcement yet.

More Credit SHould Be Given To Guys Like Matthysse and Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Credit SHould Be Given To Guys Like Matthysse and Maidana

When you have guys like Rios and Provo as your pressure fighting counterparts. And how rare it is to have pressure fighters like them stay at the top of the game.

For whatever reason people can't distinguish between the two Argentinians and Rios and Provo who can't do nothing but walk forward, maybe cut off the ring, and wing punches. No thought process, no regard for defense, no game plan. No ability to ever change anything if something goes wrong.

I keep hearing, Matthysse is just as one dimensional as Provo. How disrespectful. Yes to a guy who has lost, but to a guy who has proven himself as a world beater.

Could you imagine seeing Provo d this? or This?

4:00 & 4:14

Bottomline is, I made this thread because I'm tired of seeing these TRUE one dimensional fighter get labeled in the same category as guys who THINK and integrate BOXING and DEFENSE into their game... You don't stick around at the top of the heap with no dimensions or levels to your game. You end up getting beat buy guys like Abril and Algieri.

didn't you hear? lucas got his shit beaten out by danny and went life and death against molina meanwhile maidana was gatti'd by floyd what are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      didn't you hear? lucas got his shit beaten out by danny and went life and death against molina meanwhile maidana was gatti'd by floyd what are you talking about?

Comment

maidana was embarrassed by devon alexander not too long ago and matthysse didn't look that great beating up a not highly ranked 135lber.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
          maidana was embarrassed by devon alexander not too long ago and matthysse didn't look that great beating up a not highly ranked 135lber.
          Yes, in a fight where he had one foot in retirement. He went on to spark out Broner and give Mayweather Hell.... more than redeemed himself.

To ts, yes... I appreciate the fight makers. They push the fight....without pressure fighters and punchers boxing would just be a glorified game of tag.

Comment

How many people here are really in tune on the tactical detail of fighters to pick out those differences.

Maybe 20%

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
              Yes, in a fight where he had one foot in retirement. He went on to spark out Broner and give Mayweather Hell.... more than redeemed himself.

To ts, yes... I appreciate the fight makers. They push the fight....without pressure fighters and punchers boxing would just be a glorified game of tag.
              the maidana from the floyd fight would do to alexander what porter did to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                Yeah, what's with this the last few days? Since when did Lucas get the **** beat out of him by Danny?

Matthysse and Maidana are disrespected much the same way brawler fans disrespect all defensive fighters. NSB isn't capable of context or middle ground.

Comment

matthysse is well-liked and overrated around here......maidana only gets hate from khan-tards because he got the floyd fight over khan and with pac-tards it's not really personal, pac-tards bash maidana for the simple fact that he fought floyd so they have to discredit maidana.

Comment

Matthyse and Maidana are in my opinion as OP stated more than one dimensional. They both employ jabs, feints, head movement, great foot position and a lot more people over look for some reason. Matthyse could had made that John Molina fight a lot easier but I think he wanted to make a statement. Maidana showed major skills and dimension to his game leading up to the Mayweather fight and showed an excellent jab when fighting Mayweather to recover or slow Mayweather's body attack.

I disagree Maidana in my opinion won only 3 rounds at the most in his last fight. I am also counting his dirty shots in my assessment. He was hurt a couple times by Mayweather's body attack and had his head snapped back throughout the fight. Also the clinches he employed on Mayweather to hold him to get off shots were countered with short uppercuts, nothing he did was effective besides a beautiful jab and a cut from a clash of heads.

Comment

Working...
                    X