No announcement yet.

Is Andre Ward the new Winky Wright?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Andre Ward the new Winky Wright?

I see people on here claiming that Froch is the new 168 king but most of the claims are based on the fact that Froch has been the more active fighter while Ward has been fairly inactive. I was taking notice of Wards inactivity and couldn't help but draw parallels to Winky Wright, another very sound boxer who priced himself out a lot of good fights and ended up getting no fights for 3yrs then losing and eventually retiring. Do you guys see a similar fate for Ward or do y'all think he will eventually start taking more fights? He's a great fighter still in his prime, I'd hate to see a wasted talent.

Originally posted by mdoe View Post
    I see people on here claiming that Froch is the new 168 king but most of the claims are based on the fact that Froch has been the more active fighter while Ward has been fairly inactive. I was taking notice of Wards inactivity and couldn't help but draw parallels to Winky Wright, another very sound boxer who priced himself out a lot of good fights and ended up getting no fights for 3yrs then losing and eventually retiring. Do you guys see a similar fate for Ward or do y'all think he will eventually start taking more fights? He's a great fighter still in his prime, I'd hate to see a wasted talent.
    #1 don't know who said Froch was the new king but he always gets owned by Ward.

#2 Ward is no really that picky he is having promotional issues.

With that said I don't really care for him or his fighting style

Comment

Not at all.

Winky actually fought more than once a year and won fights he wasn't expected to win. He also had this weird habit of traveling where he'd actually get on airplanes and fly to various cities around the world to fight people on their turf. Even more shockingly, he moved up in weight to challenge himself against bigger men when his own weightclass became stale.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
        #1 don't know who said Froch was the new king but he always gets owned by Ward.

#2 Ward is no really that picky he is having promotional issues.

With that said I don't really care for him or his fighting style
        @deeznuts I'm guessing U.K Froch fans that where hyped up about the ko from the fight on those Groves -Froch 2 post, they are the ones saying Froch is the king...lol @Bringer are u saying Ward should move up in weight? He probably should its some nice fights for him in LHW if he can't get any MWs to move up to 168

Comment

Winky Wright still fought twice a year for the most part, even though he was pricing himself out of big fights.

Comment

Working...
          X