Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can anyone think biggie is better than pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you fellas keep on posting these tracks. shout to knicksman, never heard that biggie verse, good looking!

Comment

• Originally posted by Knicksman20 View Post
      I don't understand what you're getting at. I told you there's more than one meaning of freestyle & showed you what the true meaning of it is. It's not just spitting off the dome. Free of form whether memorized or written. There's even songs you can youtube to get the full meaning. Lyrics of Fury by the god Rakim is a perfect example of this. The Canibus freesyle I posted is another example. It's all right in front of you & now you playing on words. Come on fam.

What's not a freestyle is what you hear nowadays on most hip hop albums. When rappers spit verses from their albums that's not free-styling.
      Sure, we have a difference in opinion and i can live with that. What i was getting at, is definitions change and become outdated, the world evolves.

Imo, it takes considerably more talent to spit off the dome, especially when said raps are personalized to the situation/circumstances/surroundings/etc at hand. Personally, i distinguish between spitting off the top of your dome, and reciting. But, we disagree so it is what it is.

As far as canibus, he is not a freestyler. Hes not, and hell tell you that himself. A hell of a writer, but not a freestyler. Reciting notes/bars from your notepad is not freestyling, but i digress.

Comment

• Will smith da goat lol

Comment

• I'm from the South and I happen to not like either, But if I had to pick I would say Biggie was/is better than Pac. When I was younger all my older cousins loved Pac but for some reason I never did like his music. I like more Southern/Texas rap but that's just my opinion!

Comment

• EAZY E > rest

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              Nope, lots of things are to be taken into consideration. Not saying biggie is/was a bad lyricist, just there are/were some talented cats in this regard.
              Oh certainly, I'm not saying Big was the best lyricist period, I'm just saying he was better than Pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by baya View Post
                you fellas keep on posting these tracks. shout to knicksman, never heard that biggie verse, good looking!

I might have another for you 3:25:

1:38

Last edited by Knicksman20; 01-15-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Best track on that jr mafia album doesnt even have biggie.

Lyrical Wizardry ftw!!!

Fuk track isnt even on youtube. Wtf is wrong with people

Comment

• Biggie was a lyrical author. You could close your eyes and just imagine the story he was painting for you. BROOKLYN!

Comment

• As far as wayne in the 90s, great point kev. You left out turk too.

Wayne is from the 17th and everyone dog him now when he's just an entertainer now, like snoop or cube.

Wayne put in real work inthe rap game and was a legit rapper for almost a decade.

Comment

Working...
                      X