Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monaroCountry View Post
    $10 million

Cain isnt worth that in the first place, UFC only pays him $100k at his peak, he is past peak now.
    Cain is past his peak? Oh my dear god. Do you even watch mma?

Cains career with sponsorship, being a champ/#2 as a heavyweight with the mexican fanbase is easily worth 10 million. Gsp makes 5 million per fight all included.

Im sure UFC doesnt want their fighter to be exposed to outside fighters, the UFC has built too much hype into Cain (what would happen if Cain lost? UFC wall of invincibility would come crumbling down and their dominance/ranking questioned). All in all this should be great for Cain and M1. Even if Cain doesnt fight for or with M1, his pay should be boosted because he now has better negotiation powers and could demand more from the UFC.
    Fedor is irrelevant. M-1 is irrelevant. Thats all there is to it.

Comment

In addition to, not in spite of, what Harry Balls says:

Have you seen Fedor vs Monson? It isn't as if he's still fighting high level athletes and losing a close battle. Dude struggle with Jeff, and got his ass beat by a slew of semi-famous high end. He looked slow and clunky in there with Monson. His gaping has gotten stupid. His guard has always been bad, and his timing is well off . Fedor would lose terribly bad to Cain. BTW I called JDS getting a first round KO. I called just landing a hand. I'm telling you Fedor can't react quick enough to catch Cain like that. Besides, saying Fedor hits harder then JDS is a bit silly. His overhand was probably harder, but Juniors uppercut and hooks kill Fedor's in form....I honestly don't think you me or anyone else has seen enough JDS to compare power, but based on the habits he's formed I'd bet on JDS.

Comment

At one time this might have made sense but until Fedor goes back on a tear he isnt getting a shot at anyone in the UFC. He was the man as little as 3-4yrs ago and couldnt come to any type agrement and now he is very low on the important pole in what has beacome the fight game I myself have been a fan of Fedor for a long time but dont think just because he says he wants a fight with Cain its going to happen in Russa better go another 27-0 or start up that road again first...

Comment

I am not sure why all of you are counting Fedor out so easily, he has always been elusive on his feet and with the exception of Henderson, he has shown to have a good chin. Cain is a smaller heavyweight and wouldn't be able to control him on the ground like Bigfoot did. And while his heart is unquestionable, Cain's chin is less than impressive. I think that Fedor would take this via KO or submission.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post

Cains career with sponsorship, being a champ/#2 as a heavyweight with the mexican fanbase is easily worth 10 million. Gsp makes 5 million per fight all included.

Cain has had some serious injuries of late, and it is an open question how well he can rehab and rebound from them.

Comment

Cain would end Monson early...

Fedor didn't look good against Monson. He looks old and beaten. His streak suggests old and beaten. I love Fedor, and would love to see him the way I saw him before. after losing in ways a prime Fedor never would over and over again. Then handling by all rights an aged world beater in a way a prime Fedor never would all seem to scream with blinding self evidence that Fedor is shot. Cain might be hurt, but he's still a young bull vs an old bull.

Comment

Fedor would just get ktfo again.

The game has passed him up. His skills have diminished and he doesn't keep up an elite fitness. So he can't use skill to get over the fitness hump.

He'd be better off as a LHW or MW. He'd probably be ripped at that weight too.

I mean, Fedor with GSP fitness? He'd just toss people around with his Sambo when he can't handle the hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

Fedor didn't look good against Monson. He looks old and beaten. His streak suggests old and beaten. I love Fedor, and would love to see him the way I saw him before. after losing in ways a prime Fedor never would over and over again. Then handling by all rights an aged world beater in a way a prime Fedor never would all seem to scream with blinding self evidence that Fedor is shot. Cain might be hurt, but he's still a young bull vs an old bull.
                  Styles make fights. Fedor fought exceedingly cautiously, and I in fact liked this tactic. He needed a win, and he didn't take risks. I think that Fedor is still a threat to any heavyweight in the world. I think that fighting smart and cautiously gives him a better chance to beat the top guys. Fedor beat the hell out of Monson, and put him in a wheelchair. The argument that Fedor not stopping Monson is evidence that he has fallen is an artificious argument, and reflective of ignorance of combat sports.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Fedor would just get ktfo again.

The game has passed him up. His skills have diminished and he doesn't keep up an elite fitness. So he can't use skill to get over the fitness hump.

He'd be better off as a LHW or MW. He'd probably be ripped at that weight too.

I mean, Fedor with GSP fitness? He'd just toss people around with his Sambo when he can't handle the hands.
                    His skills is there and still above that of many new guys now including Cain, Brock, and JDS. Only Overeem has the same all round skills as Fedor. The problem with Fedor is that he has pretty much stopped using his ground skills, but he does still have them. Glimpses did show in his Monson fight though with his great throws, trips, and TTD. Fedor will be going back to his Sambo tournament next year so that should be great.

Fedor still remains as one of the fittest if not the fittest top HW in MMA. Who are these elitely fit guys your talking about? Brock Lesnar and Carwin have once of the worse fitness in MMA, Cain hasnt been tested by a long and major fight yet, and Overeem isnt exactly a 1-5 rounds fighter.

JDS beat the snot out of Cain but not Nelson, Nelson couldnt even win against Monson. Monson is one of the toughest SOB in MMA with one of the strongest chin. Look at how many decisions the guy has gone to and how many times hes been KO'ed (basically once).

Monson actually had a very good streak of wins coming into the Fedor fight (excluding Cormier), and even Cormier couldnt even finish Monson and actually had a harder time with him.

Fedor is definitely an old bull but beware of old bulls, these guys dont get old without knowing some stuff. The young bulls on the other hand might end up being just a flash in the pan aka Brock Lesnar.

I am not sure why all of you are counting Fedor out so easily, he has always been elusive on his feet and with the exception of Henderson, he has shown to have a good chin. Cain is a smaller heavyweight and wouldn't be able to control him on the ground like Bigfoot did. And while his heart is unquestionable, Cain's chin is less than impressive. I think that Fedor would take this via KO or submission.
                    cain looked slower and less accurate than Fedor in their last fights. Cain was also more predictable when he strikes and didnt look like he mixes up his punches and kicks very well.

Cain would be in trouble if he tried to stand up to Fedor, especially with Fedor's elite level striking/K1 coaches. Cain should really train with the Holland crew to brush up on his striking.

I dont give Cain much chance on the ground either, I say this because Cain really hasnt shown much of a ground game/submission game.

Have you seen Fedor vs Monson? It isn't as if he's still fighting high level athletes and losing a close battle. Dude struggle with Jeff, and got his ass beat by a slew of semi-famous high end. He looked slow and clunky in there with Monson. His gaping has gotten stupid. His guard has always been bad, and his timing is well off .
                    Watch the fight douche. I dont think Monson even landed one good punch on Fedor or even get close without getting his leg battered. Monson's fight against Cormier was 10 times closer than the one sided beating that Fedor dished out. Fedor had many chances to go for the kill after multipe knock downs of Monson, however he stuck to the plan his team made for him and not go in for the kill.

Monson is out for many weeks with a broken leg, the guy had to be helped out of the ring. That definitely wasnt a struggle and wasnt a close battle. Cormier and Nelson and good fighters, its just that Fedor is on a totally different level (with or without zombie recognition).

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post

Yes I watch MMA from all over the world and from different promotions. Cain's aura on invincibility has been exposed, Cain needs to train with actual top class kickboxers or other fighters (Overeem in particular) will simply put him to sleep again.

Cain is not worth 10 million per fight, not even close. Cain doesnt get any PPV share and so what you see as disclosed pay is what you get, which is bsically 200-300k per fight average, he only fights 1-2 fights per year. Cain does have sponsorship, but it wouldnt be exuberant multi million. Zuffa has tight control on sponsors and take a cut on everything.

Too bad your Mexican fanbase was all busy watching the Manny v JMM fight, didnt that get the largest rating Mexican viewer in history? Cain would have been lucky if a handful of people in Mexico watched his fight, the guy is really a MexiMerican.

Comment

Working...
                      X