Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner vs. Granados on Feb. 11, Thurman vs. Garcia on March 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... Nope... Showtime Championship Boxing...

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    Its the same thing. PBC presented by Showtime
    SHOWTIME Sports will present seven marquee boxing matches pitting top-10 rated champions in the prime of their careers against fellow top-10 rated challengers over four consecutive months beginning in December. The schedule, which is the second robust boxing programming announcement from SHOWTIME in 2016, was announced today by Stephen Espinoza, Executive Vice President and General Manager, SHOWTIME Sports. The lineup includes two long-awaited championship matchups, Jesus Cuellar vs. Abner Mares and Jermall Charlo vs. Julian Williams; the can’t-miss featherweight rematch between Carl Frampton and Leo Santa Cruz, and a welterweight unification blockbuster between undefeated champions Keith Thurman and Danny Garcia. All four of these anticipated bouts will be presented in association with Premier Boxing Champions.

Comment

SHOWTIME Sports will present seven marquee boxing matches pitting top-10 rated champions in the prime of their careers against fellow top-10 rated challengers over four consecutive months beginning in December. The schedule, which is the second robust boxing programming announcement from SHOWTIME in 2016, was announced today by Stephen Espinoza, Executive Vice President and General Manager, SHOWTIME Sports. The lineup includes two long-awaited championship matchups, Jesus Cuellar vs. Abner Mares and Jermall Charlo vs. Julian Williams; the can’t-miss featherweight rematch between Carl Frampton and Leo Santa Cruz, and a welterweight unification blockbuster between undefeated champions Keith Thurman and Danny Garcia. All four of these anticipated bouts will be presented in association with Premier Boxing Champions.
      Fine split them hairs if it makes you boys feel better

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Fine split them hairs if it makes you boys feel better
        I didn't split shit... It's just Showtime's article cited above... (and there's no PBC logo on the posters)...
        Last edited by MDPopescu; 10-25-2016, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I didn't plit shit... It's just Showtime's article cited above... (and there's no PBC logo on the posters)...
          Now go to PBC website and tell me what you see

Comment

• No wonder Broner was on suicide watch last week. Coulda fight Manny, but taking this cat instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
              That's a hell of a routine to watch fights on Showtime. I wish they would just abandon boxing, it sucks us fans have to subscribe to two premium channels and order PPVs just to be able to watch the sport in its entirety.
              Yup!! What actually WORSE but more my fault was trying to keep up with pbc??? They had all kinds of different channels and days?? I'm used to Friday Night Fights on ESPN. And Saturday Night. Pbc has them o. Wednesday, Mondays, Thursday, and on a bunch of different channels.

This now looks a lot more focused...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                Yup!! What actually WORSE but more my fault was trying to keep up with pbc??? They had all kinds of different channels and days?? I'm used to Friday Night Fights on ESPN. And Saturday Night. Pbc has them o. Wednesday, Mondays, Thursday, and on a bunch of different channels.

This now looks a lot more focused...
                They have a downloadable calendar. Alerts on fight nights with dates, times, channels, and who's fighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  Now go to PBC website and tell me what you see
                  I see the fights announced on Showtime...

... but no poster like this one here (with "Sho Championship Boxing" on them):

Comment

• Not sure why Broner couldn't fight Diaz instead....imo, this is another meh fight, nothing special.

Comment

I didn't plit shit... It's just Showtime's article cited above... (and there's no PBC logo on the posters)...
                      In other words they are covering costs...exactly what PBC's goal is.

Also, it's a Showtime press release, hence the logos. PBC will be issuing one as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X