Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya May Not Owe Fans Apology, But Canelo Deserves One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ssc73 View Post
    That came from a statement from the NSAC. During post-fight checkups, I believe the weight that Khan and Virgil, who if nothing else is as honest as it gets, said Canelo weighed 183. I will find try to find that link but it wasn't a secret.....

I don't think that's surprising given that leading up to the Mayweather fight he was averaging 174..........and it wasn't the 152 that hurt him it that fight. Canelo himself said it was the rehudration limit. And he has refused to get on a scale on fight night since.....

You think he's shrinking??

LMAO
    I can tell by looking at the two and comparing them. As WELL as seeing how Canelo looked on the ACTUAL Scale and in the ring! He was about 173-175 lbs. NOT no DAMN 183. You don't gain 30 lbs that fast without making HUGE sacrifices. Sorry I just don't believe it. Of course Khan and Virgil want him to weigh that much to make his KTFO loss look better. Most ppl also say he's 5'9" when in fact he about 5' 7 1/2". I've met the guy before. I'm 5' 8" and I'm a hair taller.

He used to always weigh unofficial before fights and NEVER came over 174. He stopped doing that around Kirkland fight because then everyone wanted him to fight GGG and were bringing up those weights as prove that they are the same size. Just look at 5' 9"-10" Smith compared to Canelo.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing...nap-story.html

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      I can tell by looking at the two and comparing them. As WELL as seeing how Canelo looked on the ACTUAL Scale and in the ring! He was about 173-175 lbs. NOT no DAMN 183. You don't gain 30 lbs that fast without making HUGE sacrifices. Sorry I just don't believe it. Of course Khan and Virgil want him to weigh that much to make his KTFO loss look better. Most ppl also say he's 5'9" when in fact he about 5' 7 1/2". I've met the guy before. I'm 5' 8" and I'm a hair taller.

He used to always weigh unofficial before fights and NEVER came over 174. He stopped doing that around Kirkland fight because then everyone wanted him to fight GGG and were bringing up those weights as prove that they are the same size. Just look at 5' 9"-10" Smith compared to Canelo.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing...nap-story.html
      OR.........LOOK AT THESE PICTURES FROM 2012:

AGAIN I ASK........IS CANELO SHRINKING AS HE GETS OLDER???

YOU CAN'T TELL ANYONE'S WEIGHT WITHIN 10# BY LOOKING AT THEM UNLESS THEY ARE LESS THAN 100# AND YOU'RE AN ANATOMY EXPERT OF SOME KIND......

BUT LET'S SAY CANELO IS 2" shorter......from 2011-2013 (MAYWEATHER), CANELO AVERAGED 174.........GOLOVKIN'S LAST TEN FIGHTS? 172 FOR HIM.

WHAT ABOUT 2013-PRESENT? ONLY ONE POST-FIGHT WEIGHT HAS BEEN REPORTED. USUALLY GUYS LOSE ABOUT 10 POUNDS IN THE RING AFTER A LONG 12 ROUND BOUT. BUT LET'S SAY HE DIDN'T AND THAT THE MOST HONEST GUY IN BOXING, VIRGIL HUNTER, IS LYING......SMDH.......AND I WILL GIVE YOU 175......HE'S STILL BIGGER......

REACH ADVANTAGE IS NILL....CANELO IS BULKIER, GOLOVKIN IS LEANER......BOTH ARE MW........UNLESS YOU'RE GONNA KEEP BUYING THE BOWLSHYTE??

THE 10 MIL FLAT FEE IN A FIGHT THAT WILL LIKELY PAY OUT OVER 50 MIL IN PURSES IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.......ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THE WHOPPING (NOT) 250K BUYS CANELO JUST DID.....HE CAN CRITICIZE BUT HE'S HAD EXACTLY 3 FIGHTS OVER 300K: FLOYD (BIGGEST DRAW IN HISTORY), COTTO (DREW CLOSE TO HALF THE 900K), KHAN (DREW ABOUT 150 OF THE 450K)

SO HE'S NOT SO MUCH MORE PROVEN THAN GOLOVKIN THAT HE'S ENTITLED TO 80/20 OR 90/10........IT'S BY FAR THE BIGGEST FIGHT IN BOXING THAT CAN BE MADE AMONG ACTIVE FIGHTERS....SO WHAT TO DO? INSTEAD OF THE 40% (AT LEAST) THAT HE HAS RIGHTLY EARNED,......OFFER GOLOVKIN EXACTLY APPROX 20%, THEN BLAME HIM WHEN HIS MANAGER/PROMOTER SAYS 'UH,,,,,,HAIL NO'.

BOTH CAN FILL ANY ARENA IN THE US......THEY BOTH DRAW SIMILAR HBO AUDIENCES, THEY ARE THE TWO HIGHEST PROFILE FIGHTERS IN THE SAME WEIGHT CLASS.....THE FIGHT NEEDS TO BE MADE FOR EITHER OF THEM TO MAKE THE MONEY THEY ARE AFTER.........

IF ANY OF THAT IS NOT TRUE, YOU'RE A CANELO APOLOGIST.....BECAUSE APPARENTLY HE CAN'T FEND FOR HIMSELF AND NEEDS HIS FANS TO DO IT SINCE WHAT IS HAPPENING IS BLATANTLY OBVIOUS.......

DO I THINK CANELO IS AFRAID? NO
      DO I THINK OSCAR IS AFRAID OF HIS COMPANY JEWEL LOSING IT'S SHINE? YOU BET YOUR ASS OR THIS FIGHT WOULD HAVE ALREADY HAPPENED WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSED TO........

IF IT DOESN'T HAPPEN, CANELO'S IMAGE WILL BE FOREVER TARNISHED. LOOK AT THE ABUSE HE TAKES DAILY FROM MEXICAN BOXING FANS....HE'LL NEVER REACH THE STATUS OF CHAVEZ' BALL CLEANER LET ALONE CADDY...

GOLOVKIN IS GOING TO SMASH HIM.....HE'S NEVER FOUGHT SOMEONE BIG ENOUGH TO PUT THE KIND OF PRESSURE ON HIM HE'S GOING TO FEEL VS GOLOVKIN AND HE WILL FOLD.......HE'S USED TO BEING THE MUCH BIGGER GUY WITH A SUBSTANTIAL POWER ADVANTAGE. NOW THAT SOMEONE HIS OWN SIZE WANTS TO FIGHT? THEY'RE TRYING TO PUT IT OFF AS LONG AS THEY CAN.

CANELO CLAIMS THIS UBER CONFIDENCE. HE KNOWS GGG IS AS MUCH HIS MEAL TICKET AS CANELO IS GOLOVKIN'S.........

BUT FROM ALL ACCOUNTS OF THE SPARRING, GOLOVKIN WAS TOLD TO TAKE IT EASY AND STILL ROCKED CANELO SEVERAL TIMES........

IF NONE OF WHAT I SAY IS TRUE, WHAT POSSIBLE REASON WOULD THEY HAVE FOR NOT MAKING THE FIGHT?? SMDH.........CANELO FANS ARE TURNING INTO THE PACQUIAO/FLOYD REPLACEMENTS.....AND THAT'S TOO BAD..THE KID IS GOOD AND DESERVES HIS SHOT........HE'S JUST NOT GOLOVKIN GOOD........

Comment

Working...
      X