No announcement yet.

A prime Vernon Forest vs the current 147-154lb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A prime Vernon Forest vs the current 147-154lb

I think he beats everyone, cleans welter and super welter out and moves up to 160 and takes GGG out also.

INB4 some dumb ass brings up Mayorga.

Oops.....

But yeah. He'd murk most of the WW/JMW divisions. GGG would decapitate him.

Comment

I would favor a prime forrest over everyone at welter including floyd

Thurman and maidana could be some spoilers similar to mayorga

at 154 forrest would find much harder fights vs lara and molina IMO and kirkland and angulo would be very tough to for him

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        I would favor a prime forrest over everyone at welter including floyd

Thurman and maidana could be some spoilers similar to mayorga

at 154 forrest would find much harder fights vs lara and molina IMO and kirkland and angulo would be very tough to for him
        He's a better boxer than everyone on that list @154

Comment

I think Floyd beats Forrest all day. At 154 Id favor Canelo off the top of my head but wouldnt be shocked at all if Vernon won. Id favor Lara but wouldnt be shocked if Vernon won. P4P Id pick Forrest over those 2 but at 154 Im not completely sold on him beating big strong or skillful guys

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
            He's a better boxer than everyone on that list @154
            Yeah, but i think lara and molina would cause some problems with their movement, and lara has pretty good pop

Angulo and Kirkland would be bigger mayorgas

Not saying forrest couldnt beat them, just that those are the toughest fights at 147/154 for him

I think he would handle canelo pretty easily

Comment

Originally posted by DLT
              I think Floyd beats Forrest all day. At 154 Id favor Canelo off the top of my head but wouldnt be shocked at all if Vernon won. Id favor Lara but wouldnt be shocked if Vernon won. P4P Id pick Forrest over those 2 but at 154 Im not completely sold on him beating big strong or skillful guys
              Cant say I'm surprised. I bet if Broner was still undefeated you would favor him too right?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                The current mayweather is not beating the absolute prime version of vernon forest come on now man.........anybody serious about this game would know that.....that version of forest of one of the best pure boxer's I ever saw.......
                Last edited by The Viper; 01-31-2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Yeah, but i think lara and molina would cause some problems with their movement, and lara has pretty good pop

Angulo and Kirkland would be bigger mayorgas

Not saying forrest couldnt beat them, just that those are the toughest fights at 147/154 for him

I think he would handle canelo pretty easily
                  Forrest would whoop on Kirkland really badly. Kirkland isn't as unorthodox as mayorga.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    Forrest would whoop on Kirkland really badly. Kirkland isn't as unorthodox as mayorga.
                    yeah but kirkland has a much better chance than most of the guys at 147/154

Especially if forrest didnt get him out early, kirkland gets warmed up i think he would pose alot of problems for forrest,,

Forrest likes to fight at a measured pace, and if you can speed him up like mayorga and ike did, he is not as dominant,, same thing with hopkins,, take them out of the comfort zone and they are not as good

Comment

Working...
                    X