Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire vs Rigondeaux - Tickets on sale now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Aw, Jeez, don't even say that. lol

Anyway, that was an anomaly. We all know that anything can happen, but the likelihood this fight is going to take place are about as good as they can get.
    Yes, if Donaire waited this long to announce ticket sales I'm willing to believe that everything is now in order. I don't think he would risk making any premature statements, too smart for that.

Comment

Originally posted by RajahBell View Post
      Nonito and Top Rank should be promoting the fight to the Filipino-American Community which outnumbers the Cuban-Americans in the NY-NJ area. He can sellout Radio City with his fans if he has a good local marketing ground game, which should also increase his PPV numbers with his community, casual Filipino-American fans, in the NY-NJ area for the future.
      I bought four tickets and I know like 20 more cuban that are waiting to get pay to buy it...I alredy had to tell some friend that my car will go full of ppl( no more room) and I also know ppl who is going in plain..I believe a few hundred of cuban will go from miami only to be rooting for the more successful cuban fighter of all times...VIVA RIGO COJONES!!!!!

Comment

Nonito and Top Rank should be promoting the fight to the Filipino-American Community which outnumbers the Cuban-Americans in the NY-NJ area. He can sellout Radio City with his fans if he has a good local marketing ground game, which should also increase his PPV numbers with his community, casual Filipino-American fans, in the NY-NJ area for the future.
        I bought four tickets and I know like 20 more cuban that are waiting to get pay to buy it...I alredy had to tell some friend that my car will go full of ppl( no more room) and I also know ppl who is going in plain..I believe a few hundred of cuban will go from miami only to be rooting for the more successful cuban fighter of all times...VIVA RIGO Y VIVA CUBA COJONES!!!!!

Comment

I hope Rigo can pass these VADA tests....crossing my fingers here

that's about the last hurdle for this fight is Rigo failing the test and the fight being cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
            I hope Rigo can pass these VADA tests....crossing my fingers here

that's about the last hurdle for this fight is Rigo failing the test and the fight being cancelled
            Not going to happen. It's on, and I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              There are only 1.5 million Cubans and 3.5 million Filipinos living in the U.S. That's a very small pool, especially when you consider how spread out people can be. However, Radio City Music Hall has a small capacity. (From their site: For most events, the seating capacity is approximately 6,000, however, this capacity does change depending on the scaling of the event.) It shouldn't be too much trouble to fill that arena. I hope Top Rank provides a better undercard than what they're currently offering.
              Anything short of a sellout should be considered a major disappointment for Top Rank, Donaire, and Rigondeaux. I hear more of a buzz coming from the Cuban Community than the Filipino Community about this fight. Donaire should be disappointed if Rigondeaux has more fans during the fight.

Comment

Nonito should worry about fight and leave this to his team

Comment

Anything short of a sellout should be considered a major disappointment for Top Rank, Donaire, and Rigondeaux. I hear more of a buzz coming from the Cuban Community than the Filipino Community about this fight. Donaire should be disappointed if Rigondeaux has more fans during the fight.
                  I agree on all counts. This is the biggest fight a Cuban has been involved with in a long time (besides Klitschko-Solis, which was fought in Germany). The small Cuban fan-base is marshalling for this event. Several of my fellow Cubans from this site will be in attendance, along with me. Donaire is a P4P name. The Filipinos should be supporting him. Not only that, any hardcore fan from the NYC area should present. It's a small venue; I would be personally disappointed if the house isn't packed for this great match-up.

Comment

Just check the sig bro, we been there done that

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanboss87 View Post
                      Just check the sig bro, we been there done that
                      The tickets are going fast, bro. One of our boys on this site told me he tried for first mezzanine and automatically got placed in the orchestra. Apparently, they're sold out on the first mezz. Still a long time 'til fight night (too long, if you ask me), there might not be anything good left soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X