Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

was anyone at the tyson ruddock 1 in vegas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was anyone at the tyson ruddock 1 in vegas?

I flew to vegas from edmonton alberta where at one time the fight was to be held. Great undercard with chavez sr knocking out his challenger. Simon Brown knocking out his friend marice blocker, And then the ultimate fight was the brawl of the corners of the main event because of a premature stoppage. We (the fans were running out the stadium) and I stuck up a conversation with fan on my left and low and behold Meldrick Taylor was on my right saying that this was the same ref that stoped his fight with chavez with only seconds remaining. Great vacation. Any thoughts on the stopage?
    I know it was a long time ago

Kind of bad stoppage, but not as bad as Chavez/Taylor 1. Who did Chavez beat that night though? Main event was a pretty good fight.

Comment

chavez stopped john duplese and looked awesome doing it. I was sitting in the bleachers with his country man and they were waving there flags and singing as well. It was an awesome card,

Comment

those were the days

Comment

Those really were the days. When there were more than 2 guys in boxing with mainstream success, or at least popular enough to garner a decent amount of pay per view buys. That was back when I actually wanted to order fights on pay per view too and would watch the whole televised undercard, not just the main event. Like, I remember Christy Martin fighting on the Holyfield/Tyson undercards on PPV and Botha fighting on the undercard of Tyson/Holyfield 1. Back then, you had guys like Holyfield, Tyson, Chavez, De La Hoya, Leonard you could see regularly on HBO or pay per view.

Comment

I enjoyed the event live and like you say part of the attraction was the fact the undercard was so enticing. If tyson would have blown out ruddock the other fighters entertaining me would have more than made up for a quick stoppage in the main event. I also met terry and orlin norris and congradulated terry on his win over sugar ray leonard.

Comment

Working...
            X