‘Aflockalypse’ now: Hundreds of turtle doves die in Italy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] ‘Aflockalypse’ now: Hundreds of turtle doves die in Italy

‘Aflockalypse’ now: Hundreds of turtle doves die in Italy

Hundreds of lifeless turtle doves “hung from trees like Christmas balls” through an Italian city in the latest mass death of animals across the globe, an animal-rights group reports.

The World Wildlife Fund-Italy scooped up 300 birds, with blue-stained beaks, from across the city of Faenza for analysis, GeaPress reported Friday. The state forestry department collected other dead or nearly dead specimens that had lain “in heaps in the flower beds (or) crushed in the streets.”

The blue stain, GeaPress reported, “is a sign of hypoxia, caused by suffocation” but could also be potassium cyanide, a poison used by poachers.

“Never before this year” has a mass death such as this happened, said WWF Italy president Giorgio Tramonti. Pollution controls on industry in the region are poor, he said, and the dove deaths are “not normal.”

Italy’s tumbling turtle doves joined a mountain of dead animals piling up from New Zealand to Sweden, as a new Google map plotting the carnage shows.

The phenomenon started on New Year’s Eve with thousands of red-winged blackbirds dropping from the skies over Beebe, Ark.

From there, it was 40,000 crabs washing up on chalk reefs off Kent, England, dead penguins and petrels in New Zealand, 50 to 100 jackdaws on a street in Falköping, Sweden, 150 tonnes of farmed red tilapia in Vietnam, and about 100 tonnes of sardines and catfish on the beaches of Paranagua, Brazil.

“It’s like a plane crash,” Canadian conservation expert Steven Price told the Star in explaining the sudden public fascination with mass animal deaths.

“The reports are dramatic,” he said. “It’s a natural human response to be concerned. If we feel badly, and most people do about these deaths, let’s go where the suffering is the greatest.”

At least 50 million birds die every year in North America from the combined threat of colliding with buildings, pesticides and predator cats — all preventable deaths, said Price, senior director of conservation science and practice of the World Wildlife Fund Canada.

“Because they happen in ones and twos,” the deaths don’t attract the same attention, he said.

Washington Post writer Melissa Bell has coined the name Aflockalypse for the reported mass deaths, which are largely concentrated in the United States and Europe.

The Arkansas birds “died of impact force to their bodies,” said Scott Wright, chief of disease investigations at the National Wildlife Health Center in Madison, Wisc. Fireworks probably startled them from their perches.

“It's believed that the noise startled them — they are poor night flyers — and they were in close proximity to neighbourhoods, and they flew into homes and cars,” Wright told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Fireworks and cold weather were also traced to the Swedish bird kill, and being “spooked by a boat (or) a bald eagle” sent hundreds of mud hens in Texas to their deaths.

“People get a little bit nervous,” said Texas parks and wildlife biologist Charlie Muller.

“It happens every year again, generally not that many birds, (but) nothing out of the ordinary

Obviously the work of the US mind altering laser waves as well as chemtrails all around the world

These ****in NWO bastards are now traveling to England, New Zealand, Swedan, Vietnam and Brazil killing Crabs, Pigeons, Jackdaws, red Tilapia and catfish in order to control the masses

Am i a certified conspiracy nut now?

Comment

LOL

hard to laugh with all those birds dieing but I couldnt help it after that post.

Strange that I just watched the oldie, The Birds right before this started happening.

Comment

Most species of bird are declining, for the reasons given in the article: 1) pesticides, 2) collisions with buildings and worst of all, 3) feral cats and wandering house cats.

Passerines (aka songbirds) are becoming rarely seen or heard in most places.

However, some scavenger species like crows and vultures are actually on the increase!

In the Vancouver area ten years ago, the Turkey Vulture was considered a rare bird. It's incredible how much they've increased in numbers during the past decade - they are now as ubiquitous here as they are in the southern US!

Another scavenger, the Ring-Billed Gull went from an estimated 20,000 in southern Ontario in the early 60s to several million today.

This SHOULD give us an indication of how much an effect human overpopulation and overconsumption is having on the natural environment, when scavenger species have become abundant from all our garbage, and just about everything else is gradually dying out.

Comment

Originally posted by -Tunney- View Post
          Most species of bird are declining, for the reasons given in the article: 1) pesticides, 2) collisions with buildings and worst of all, 3) feral cats and wandering house cats.

Passerines (aka songbirds) are becoming rarely seen or heard in most places.

However, some scavenger species like crows and vultures are actually on the increase!

In the Vancouver area ten years ago, the Turkey Vulture was considered a rare bird. It's incredible how much they've increased in numbers during the past decade - they are now as ubiquitous here as they are in the southern US!

Another scavenger, the Ring-Billed Gull went from an estimated 20,000 in southern Ontario in the early 60s to several million today.

This SHOULD give us an indication of how much an effect human overpopulation and overconsumption is having on the natural environment, when scavenger species have become abundant from all our garbage, and just about everything else is gradually dying out.
          I was pretty sure you were gonna blame it on the jews. congratz for not doing so

Comment

Has to be some energy wave by generators made by the NWO

Comment

Originally posted by 2Fast View Post
              I was pretty sure you were gonna blame it on the jews. congratz for not doing so
              You must not have a real life you are so obsessed with me that you keep stalking me and mentioning me in all your posts. I'm the most important thing in you miserable little world.

You need to see a psychiatrist to help you forget about "Tunney".

Comment

it's those radioactive emissions coming from mobile/cell phone antennas around the world, or it could one of yuri's mind control devices being tested on animalslmao!

Comment

Originally posted by ipb32! View Post
                  it's those radioactive emissions coming from mobile/cell phone antennas around the world, or it could one of yuri's mind control devices being tested on animalslmao!
                  I bet you get banned again today

Comment

Originally posted by EXCRETION View Post
                    I bet you get banned again today
                    how much u bettin?

Comment

Working...
                    X