Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Love How People Are Downplaying Pac-Man Going For His Record 8th Division Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love How People Are Downplaying Pac-Man Going For His Record 8th Division Title

WOW...just wow!

We are witnessing history in the making and all most can do is complain about it! If you would've told me 10 years ago,Manny Pacquiao would be going a title in an 8th division I wouldnt have believed you. Nobody, I repeat nobody has done it, not Ali,not SRR ,SRL,The Hitman(the real one lol)Duran or RJJ. De La Hoya is the closest with 6(ten titles tho!).
    I dont really care for his opponent,Margarito but that has no bearing on Pac-Man putting himself in position to seize this illustrious opportunity. The naysayers say what has he done @ 154 to fight for a title? He can fight anyone else, why Margarito? I say all thats up for debate but whats not is, that Manny has conducted himself as the consumate professional and ambassador of our sport and has been rewarded as such. And the catchweight thing right? Well,as far as the catchweight goes, the limit for a jr. welterweight fight is 154 lbs, not the minimum. So if Margarito (really a 147lber) agrees then it is what it is. Dont hate the player hate the game.

Originally posted by da beatdown View Post
    WOW...just wow!

We are witnessing history in the making and all most can do is complain about it! If you would've told me 10 years ago,Manny Pacquiao would be going a title in an 8th division I wouldnt have believed you. Nobody, I repeat nobody has done it, not Ali,not SRR ,SRL,The Hitman(the real one lol)Duran or RJJ. De La Hoya is the closest with 6(ten titles tho!).
    I dont really care for his opponent,Margarito but that has no bearing on Pac-Man putting himself in position to seize this illustrious opportunity. The naysayers say what has he done @ 154 to fight for a title? He can fight anyone else, why Margarito? I say all thats up for debate but whats not is, that Manny has conducted himself as the consumate professional and ambassador of our sport and has been rewarded as such. And the catchweight thing right? Well,as far as the catchweight goes, the limit for a jr. welterweight fight is 154 lbs, not the minimum. So if Margarito (really a 147lber) agrees then it is what it is. Dont hate the player hate the game.
    hes cementing his title as the catchweight king.

Comment

Im a big pac fan but i just dont like the way this was lined up, the fact that its a 150 catchweight and the fact that 2 guys who pretty much never fought at 154 are both going for the title

If it was 154 and Pac was fighting a fighter who was already holding the 154 title, it would be a much bigger deal

Comment

Did he beat the best guys at 147 and is he fighting the best fighter at 154 for his belt?

People would be saying the same **** if Floyd moves up to 160 for a title fight fighting an opponent he knows he can beat at a catch-weight.

Comment

Because its against a guy who looked like trash in his last fight.

A guy who is forced to weigh just 3 ponds more than WW

Its also for a vacant title

Boxing is finally seeing through Pacs bullshyt

Comment

The greatest part about this fight is that if Margarito wins youve got to rank Williams P4P #1

Comment

WOW...just wow!

how many divisions were there when srr was fighting?

Comment

fuk PAC and the catchweights...............................yeah pac Marg and Arum as well.....

Comment

WOW...just wow!

ok... cool story bro lol

and i have no beef against Manny,

but he's going for the 8th division belt at a catchweight against Margarito.

nuff said....

Comment

Quality of opponents mean more than titles...but it would be special...even more special if it wasn't at a catchweight...but whatever...Hearns went from 147 to 175 or so and Jones from 160 to Heavyweight

Its already remarkable going from 106(or 112, forgot) to 147 winning titles...

Comment

Working...
                    X