No announcement yet.

Broken thumb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken thumb

Broke my thumb sparring and have a fight in 8 weeks.

Am I screwed? Is there anything that I can do i.e. ruuning or shadow boxing.

Would have thought shadow boxing would have been ok but is having my hand shaken around like that going to slow the repair down?

i guess you can walk and run lightly to stay in reasonable shape....not sure about shadowboxing, ive never broken a thumb personally though so u may have to ask others

Comment

i wouldnt think you'll make the fight.. broken bones will take over a month to heal properly.. and after that you'll still be tentative..

once it is strapped or plastered you should be fine to do anything that doesnt involve direct contact with that hand..

so get in plenty of running, shadow boxing.. and if it's you're right that's ****ed.. practice keeping it up and working your jab

Comment

Originally posted by jofanon View Post
        Broke my thumb sparring and have a fight in 8 weeks.

Am I screwed? Is there anything that I can do i.e. ruuning or shadow boxing.

Would have thought shadow boxing would have been ok but is having my hand shaken around like that going to slow the repair down?
        You should drop out or rescheduale

Comment

You been to the doctor yet? If not, go there and see what he/she tells you to do.

Comment

yeah, follow the expert's advice

Comment

Working...
            X