No announcement yet.

Purse bids for Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purse bids for Khan

Purse bids have been called for Amir Khan's WBA light-welterweight title defence against interim champion Marcos Maidana.

The big-punching Argentine will be the second successive mandatory Khan has faced after taking on Dmitriy Salita in his last fight.

Khan knocked out the Brooklyn-based fighter in the first round.

A similar result against 26-year-old Maidana would be impressive - he has lost just one of his 28 fights, a split decision against Andreas Kotelnik, while 26 of his 27 wins have come via stoppages.

After defeating Salita, Khan expressed a desire to make his debut in the States in 2010.

If Khan choses to follow a different path rather than taking on Maidana, he will have to vacate his title, which he won with a landslide decision over Kotelnik in July.

The purse bids have been called for January 18 at the WBA's offices in Panama.
    http://www.frankwarren.tv/index.php/...-for-khan.html

18th January.Not long till we find out if Khan Maidana's happening.

Comment

this fight better happen.

if Khan vactes to avoid Maidana, then the small amount of respect I still have for him is gone, and gone for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Blairhoyle792 View Post
        this fight better happen.

if Khan vactes to avoid Maidana, then the small amount of respect I still have for him is gone, and gone for good.
        Aye mate cool.Hopefully they get it on.That's the bottom line.I think Roach will decide and do the talking.If he think's Khan's ready he'll take it.The thing is but if he thinks he can move Khan up another level and make him better later he might not because Maidana could not only beat Khan he could destroy him and ruin his career.Then he could be fighting tomato cans for the rest of his career.

Comment

i hope he fights maidana,its a very winnable fight for him and one he will gain big respect for

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
            i hope he fights maidana,its a very winnable fight for him and one he will gain big respect for
            roach said recently on the grind radio that KHAN WILL NOT VACATE but will take on maidana, he said that he preferred khan to face malignaggi first then maidana but it will be maidana next, he also said its a dangerous fight but us very confident

Comment

Working...
            X