Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trout is no longer a force to be reckoned with.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout is no longer a force to be reckoned with.......

Watching Hurd vs Trout made me realize: It's not that Hurd is good, he seems good but not great, its just that Trout is not the same no longer, he made decisions that on flailing his arms that he wouldn't have not done a few years back. He would have sniped Hurd from round 1 to 12, but then the movement of his straight left is not the sharp and his ability to get out of the way after landing the straight left is no longer there.

He was never a force. Paulie hits harder than him. He was just a name bc he outboxed cotto

Comment

The layoff hurt him more than people will be willing to acknowledge. For 7/8 rounds, Trout was the sharp technician that he's become known to be, and then the technique started to unravel.

The young lions coming along definitely have the talent, but a Trout with some activity is still in the mix (though I doubt he beats any of the champs and some of of the top contenders at this point).

Now, whether Austin Trout is willing to give up some money (Rafael puts the commission number at $225k for the title challenge) to be more active with lesser fights (and possibly still come up short in the next step-up) is on him and his camp.

Comment

Trout is a decent fighter. He was never a force to be reckoned with. Trout's pace was too fast but he had to start that way if he wanted to keep Hurd off him. Hurd applied of pressure and he's big and long for a Jr MW.

Comment

Trout looks like a savage punches like a kitten. Fck that guy, another boring Haymon dark skinned fighter we got forced on us.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
            He was never a force. Paulie hits harder than him. He was just a name bc he outboxed cotto

lol true, I was never big on Trout but I do respect his heart. It's still a WTF moment for me how Cotto somehow lost so convincingly to this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              Trout looks like a savage punches like a kitten. Fck that guy, another boring Haymon dark skinned fighter we got forced on us.
              Haymon must have d*ckslapped this little maricon

Comment

trout is almost like a lesser ,rip off of sergio martinez's style in his last fight with all the injuries

Comment

Working...
                X