Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gerald McClellan Takes 2 Knees In Rnd 10 against Benn. Did he quit??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerald McClellan Takes 2 Knees In Rnd 10 against Benn. Did he quit??

5:14 - You can hear the announcers yelling "He QUIT!!!" Gerald McClellan QUIT!!!!

See, I didn't want to have to do this, but due to a few non knowledgable boxing fans running around NSB acussing fighters like Cotto of quitting, I was forced to do this.

If you re-watch this fight and compare it to the Cotto fight, it's almost two identical fights. Cotto was stopped in the 11th and McClellan in the 10th. Both took 2 knees and were called QUITTERS!!

See, it's fake boxing fans like this that give the sport a bad name. If you haven't been in a fight, or don't know what it's like to be in that situation, then you need to think twice about calling someone a quitter and having no idea what you're talking about.

McClellan and Cotto both fought til they couldn't fight anymore. Learn the difference.

Just my thoughts.

Yeah he quit.

Comment

its unfortunate, what happened to gman in this fight

but for whatever reason.... he QUIT, AND SO DID COTTO

get over it

Comment

Yeah he clearly Quit

Comment

you didnt have to go there man. GMan got messed up for life, it's a terrible, terrible tragedy. If I'm not mistaken, he had been complaining of chronic headaches since his fight with Julian Jackson. not trying to sway a pov one way or another since it really doesnt matter.

i see what you're trying to say but the truth is you're just upset that Mak has gone at you hard and you're pulling out every card to justify cotto quitting.

cotto quit, now he's about to give revenge a crack (no pun intended) on saturday night. let's enjoy saturday night and STFU accordingly.

Comment

He did quit, obviously.

But I'd take a wild guess that it was down to the fact he was literally suffering with brain damage.

And I'd argue it's a tad different to the Cotto situation. Considering, you know, G-Man was suffering from life threatening and severe brain damage.

Comment

Gerald was a warrior, something was already wrong at the start of the 10th round but he still keeps fighting and landing shots at Benn, Gman could have chosen to quit in his stool and lived another day but he didnt and pay the price for his bravery.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Rizzle View Post
                you didnt have to go there man. GMan got messed up for life, it's a terrible, terrible tragedy. If I'm not mistaken, he had been complaining of chronic headaches since his fight with Julian Jackson. not trying to sway a pov one way or another since it really doesnt matter.

i see what you're trying to say but the truth is you're just upset that Mak has gone at you hard and you're pulling out every card to justify cotto quitting.

cotto quit, now he's about to give revenge a crack (no pun intended) on saturday night. let's enjoy saturday night and STFU accordingly.
                I did have to go there. Because it's poster's like Mak and Co. that think it's ok to lean against the ropes and let someone pound on you when the fight is clearly over, just so internet warriors won't call you a quitter.

I might not like MMA as much as boxing, but I truly respect that sport and there fans. Some of these fans here have me thinking boxing fans are savages that want fighters to fight to the death.

The fact that posters even called McClellan a quitter, clearly let me see the mentality here and how much nerve these keyboard warriors have. If someone still calls McClellan a quitter like the announcers were, clearly have personal, sadistic problems. It's sick.
                Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 12-01-2011, 07:20 AM.

Comment

total disrespect.

Comment

Yeah he quit, but if i remember it correctly (the last time i saw this) he was telling his corner early in the fight he didn't feel right. The guy used to spar with HW's.....no doubt the blood clot wasn't the result of a single fight, but had been waiting to "go off" so to speak for some time. Despite this hidden problem he still dropped Benn twice and was winning the fight (if i remember right).

Comment

Working...
                    X