No announcement yet.

Who won Holyfield-Lewis II?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who won Holyfield-Lewis II?

the first fight was obviously a robbery, what about the rematch? Who did you have winning on the scorecards?
    Holyfield
    25.00%
    Draw
    4.17%
    Lewis
    70.83%

I'd have to watch it again (probably will tonight actually) but I think I had Lewis winning.
    Will post scorecards later.
    Last edited by NChristo; 04-15-2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
      the first fight was obviously a robbery, what about the rematch? Who did you have winning on the scorecards?
      I personally never had Holyfield winning that fight. I've always felt that most people were expecting a blow out by Lewis. When Holyfield fought better and made it closer, a good number of people seem to think he won. I don't. He fought better but in no way did I see him deserving the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        I personally never had Holyfield winning that fight. I've always felt that most people were expecting a blow out by Lewis. When Holyfield fought better and made it closer a lot of people seem to think he won. I don't. He fought better but in no way did I see him deserving the decision.
        that scenario sees to happen a lot. when someone is doing much better than you expected, you just start giving them rounds they overall probably didnt deserve because youre more impressed with what theyre doing than the other guy.
        I think a lot of people were doing that for Morales-Maidana.

Comment

that scenario sees to happen a lot. when someone is doing much better than you expected, you just start giving them rounds they overall probably didnt deserve because youre more impressed with what theyre doing than the other guy.
          That's a good example.

Comment

My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Lewis won I don't see how anybody could of had Holyfield winning 6+ rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                I personally never had Holyfield winning that fight. I've always felt that most people were expecting a blow out by Lewis. When Holyfield fought better and made it closer, a good number of people seem to think he won. I don't. He fought better but in no way did I see him deserving the decision.
                That was easily one of the worst championship matches Ive ever had the displeasure of watching again. Holyfield wasnt ferocious and Lenox was flat out lazy. They agreed to hug each other for a whole fight. That being said I scored it 115-114 Holyfield. After watching it again I wont argue for either side. I had it 6rounds(1,3,5,6,7,12) to 5(2,4,9,10) rounds and one even(8). It was an awful fight.

Comment

It was legitimately narrow, but Lewis edged it fair & square.

Comment

It's been a long time since I have watched the fight but I honestly thought Holyfield won. At the time I thought it was kind of a make up decision for the first fight. But I think Holyfield got the short end of the stick. I think he would much rather have a win and a loss to Lennox then a loss and a draw.

Comment

Working...
                    X