Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Lomachenko Is On His Way Out, I'm Looking Through Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Lomachenko Is On His Way Out, I'm Looking Through Him

Teofimo Lopez Jr. is under the impression that Vasiliy Lomachenko is giving it one last hoorah as a lightweight before stepping down in divisions. The 23-year-old Lopez Jr. (15-0, 12 KOs) and Lomachenko (14-1, 10 KOs) will meet in a lightweight unification clash Oct. 17 on ESPN, and the Brooklyn-based IBF champion is predicting the Ukrainian is not long for lightweight if he defeats him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Love the confidence. I hope it translates into an aggressive showing from Lopez, win lose or draw.

Comment

Bad, very bad idea

Comment

I hope Teo ain't another Hamed! All this talking and showboating before a fight never ends well. Hope he doesn't RETIRE like Hamed did after Barrera beat that @ss...

Comment

why am I getting the idea that Lopez is going to lose badly?

Comment

Looking forward to the fight but don't be supersized if it's a chess match with one or two exciting moments.

The fight will likely be tactical as Teo looks for a solid counter punch and Loma pecks, paws and moves. Teofimo got to the dance with a timed counter and he'll stick with it.

Comment

I was recently surprised to read that a few of Bumochenko's fans have begun to agree that Vasily is on the slide.

Most however, will tell you that Lomachenko's failure to meet the exceptional 'No Mas' standard, is due to the fact that Vasily is fighting above his natural weight -- this is clearly false, and I dont want to get into it ; Bumochenko is just fighting kids his own size now, like he did at the Olympics, but this time hes got to go 12 rounds, not three.
              Last edited by 1hourRun; 09-18-2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment

This kid sounds like he’s an expert on illusions

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
                  why am I getting the idea that Lopez is going to lose badly?
                  Hard to say. A lot of what Teo says is nonsense promotion and he's very good at it. Teo knows that Loma has been in there with punchers and guys with good timing but not combined and on Teofimo's level.

That said, Lomachenko has a much better chin than anyone Teo has ever fought. Loma doesn't put his chin up like Commey and the one time he got knocked down was by a clean solid punch from a big lightweight and he popped back up before the count of one. The punch Loma got hit with was nearly identical to the punch that put Manny down and out and people seem ignore that fact.

IMO, and I could be wrong....Teo has a few moments early then Lomachenko takes over and hits Teo more times than he's every been hit in his life combined. UD Lomachenko.

in the next chapter:
                  Loma moves to 130, Haney claims he's afraid and the nitwits shout stupidity from the rafters. In the mean time, Stevenson will be waiting at 130 and in my opinion, he is a real problem.

Comment

He’s looking through him y’all know what that means: he wants to knock his head off of his shoulders!

Comment

Working...
                    X