Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk Dominates Gassiev To Unify WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward should fight him this year.

Comment

• I give Ward his props but there is no chance he beats Usyk. He is 6'0 with 71" reach vs Usyk's 6'3" 78"

It would be one thing if Ward was some kind of skill phenom but he isn't. He grinds and fouls and was getting outboxed by Kovalev in the first fight.Ward is not RJJ. This is not an sub 10lb division climb.

Usyk would TKO Ward without a doubt in my mind.

Ward is significantly undersized without the skill set to overcome size difference.

Ward loves to clinch, cant clinch against the much bigger man.

Ward doesn't have the power to keep Usyk honest. Usyk will take his shots all day.

Ward likes to fight on the inside, Usyk will feed him uppercuts all day.

Ward gives up speed and footwork in this matchup as well.

Make it happen though, Ward fans seem to want it so why not?

Loma vs Rigo 2 this fight...
      Last edited by Banderivets; 07-26-2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• --- Son of Gollum ALERT***

Soggysh** turned down the massive Froch rematch payday in England because he couldn't leave his mommy's skirts.

He ain't going overseas to expose his inner slimy worm and nobody ever wanted to watch him in the states.

Got a great shoe collection to rival Imelda Marcos though, his only natural rival...only in boxing!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
          The Ring now has him at number 4 which is about right. I wouldn't have GGG at number one.

It is an incredible achievement. He does get touched though, especially early in fights when his opponent hasn't been stung 500 times and grown too hesitant.
          If he gets 'touched' by a much harder hitter that might slow his footwork down - and then we'll see what he's like in the trenches.
          Big GGG fan but I agree he isn’t #1. It’s clearly Loma IMO. I have Usyk 5 on my list but I’m fine with him being a little higher.

Usyk has been tagged a few times but his chin seems pretty legit, obviously if a Wilder, AJ etc caught him it could be a different story but both of them would really struggle with Usyk’s movement especially laterally IMO.

I remember watching him live in the amateurs against Joe Joyce and he completely schooled him over 5 rounds, ever since then I always thought he’d be very capable at HW.

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
            You do realize he unified arguably one of the weakest divisions in boxing history right?
            🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Nah...

140 was way weaker when Crawford unified it.

Aside from Trinidad, who exactly did B-Hop take belts from at 160?
            Mercado, Holmes. Neither of them were anything special. And it’s not like the De La Hoya win is all that credible. And that’s coming from a massive B-Hop fan.

Neither of those divisions were much stronger than CW during the 4 belt era.

Usyk’s run at CW has been exceptional, anyone who disagrees is either bias or just plain stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
              I give Ward his props but there is no chance he beats Usyk. He is 6'0 with 71" reach vs Usyk's 6'3" 78"

It would be one thing if Ward was some kind of skill phenom but he isn't. He grinds and fouls and was getting outboxed by Kovalev in the first fight.Ward is not RJJ. This is not an sub 10lb division climb.

Usyk would TKO Ward without a doubt in my mind.

Ward is significantly undersized without the skill set to overcome size difference.

Ward loves to clinch, cant clinch against the much bigger man.

Ward doesn't have the power to keep Usyk honest. Usyk will take his shots all day.

Ward likes to fight on the inside, Usyk will feed him uppercuts all day.

Ward gives up speed and footwork in this matchup as well.

Make it happen though, Ward fans seem to want it so why not?
              This...👌🏻

Make it happen!

I’d love to see Ward take an L.

Very interesting matchup as well IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                --- Son of Gollum ALERT***

Soggysh** turned down the massive Froch rematch payday in England because he couldn't leave his mommy's skirts.

He ain't going overseas to expose his inner slimy worm and nobody ever wanted to watch him in the states.

Got a great shoe collection to rival Imelda Marcos though, his only natural rival...only in boxing!!!
                why would he rematch someone he destroyed?? f****n moron lmao

Comment

Working...
                X