Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Yardes unbelievably strange Mittwork *VIDEO*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a really dangerous fight for Kovalev.

Because if I’m him, and I’m training at home and I see that video I’m just going home and phoning it in the rest of camp

Comment

has there ever been a top level fighter or champion who did zero sparring in training camp?

Calzaghe was rumoured to have never sparred for 11 years thats only case I can think of even though I think thats BS

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
        has there ever been a top level fighter or champion who did zero sparring in training camp?

Calzaghe was rumoured to never spar for 11 years
        Has there ever been a top level fighter who’s only had 12 amateur fights? Not to mention he got KO’d in the ams with bigger gloves and head gear. Doesn’t speak well for his chin.

Comment

Another trainer ripping off Mayweathers mitt routine and putting their own spin on it.

Hand-eye coordination/reflex drill.

Its unorthodox I like it when people think outside the box and get creative and can certainly see them working on certain stuff but some of these transitions are just bizarre and I'll be honest I have no idea WTF that weird sort of upjab he throws is in aid of.

Comment

Probably for the cameras, if not then he's gonna get brutally stopped against Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Another trainer ripping off Mayweathers mitt routine and putting their own spin on it.

Hand-eye coordination/reflex drill.

Its unorthodox I like it when people think outside the box and get creative and can certainly see them working on certain stuff but some of these transitions are just bizarre and I'll be honest I have no idea WTF that weird sort of upjab he throws is in aid of.

I get that it can help hand eye coordination but so can the double end bag and speed bag which is their main purpose.

Him throwing these bizarre punches/backhands is just going to further ingrain and reinforce that weird asss technique in training and in an actual fight. It is seriously bizarre and then the fact that his trainer is cool with it is even weirder lol. Like yea, lets train our backhands today to prepare for the biggest fight of our lives next month.

Comment

... this kind of "mitt routine" is acting somehow like "Ars Memoriae"...

(in case some of you actually know what this was/is all about)...

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post

Calzaghe was rumoured to have never sparred for 11 years thats only case I can think of even though I think thats BS

Sergio Martinez barely sparred at all.

Comment

Some nice beats there. That mitt man should play the drums.

Comment

I never understood mittwork where the holder moves the mitts into the punch — is that to simulate an opponent who literally propels his head into every shot?

Much less these odd bendy motions he’s doing with his hands. Does he do that when he punches in fights too?

Comment

Working...
                      X