MMA fighters calling out boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    I blame Paulie. What a f**cking p**ssy.

Yeah, same here. Paulie is a f**king idiot.

Comment

Make Them!

Sadly Boxers fighting UFC fighters would do better than most of these boxing match ups as far as Ratings and PPV Buys

You bring MMA and Boxing Fans together that makes a lot of money...of course they won't be as big as Mayweather vs McGregror

Comment

MMA fighters who look like they can actually Box...

Cody Garbrandt
        Skilled but over-confident, moves well but keeps his chin high, 31-1 amateur Boxing
        Cody on Boxing (ESPN), 2017
        - "I think going in a boxing ring with Conor would be great... I feel like I’m one of the best boxers in the UFC... You can give me top boxers, Adrien Broner, Mikey Garcia. I would love to get in the ring with them."

Alexa Grasso
        A real gamer, comes from generations of Mexican Boxers (uncles were Boxers, great aunt was a pioneer in Women's Boxing in the 1950's), 25 years old, needs seasoning

Jorge Masvidal
        Instinctive, super slick Boxing by MMA standards, elusive and has a good chin, street guy, Cuban-descent

... TBC...
        Last edited by USMCer; 06-27-2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          is whaIt is what it is, the talent level is lower then ever so it is getting pretty even
          first off, that's not true.

but even if it was, the talent pool in mma isn't that high either.

Comment

Cody "No Love" invites himself to spar with Mikey Garcia, May 2018.

First couple of minutes of the video:

Comment

People said here that Paulie didn't represent boxing but like it or not he does. And as a 2 time world champion when he went out there and lost (or had a close fight whatever) with a MMA fighter with a negative record, he embarrassed the sport and made boxers look average strikers and not something special as boxing fans always claimed they are on these fantasy fights against MMA guys.

Now every real legit MMA fighter is calling out legit boxers because of that outcome against a MMA fighter with a negative record. This is all Paulie's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                I blame Paulie. What a f**cking p**ssy.
                Pauline cause an avalanche of mma, azz clowns to believe they can throw hands..

Comment

Askren cant talk about anyone's standup, his is awful. Cejudo is an incredibly arrogant midget. And Junior is concussed.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                    Ben Askren says Boxers cant box good.

“So how can a guy like that, who’s not even great at standup in mixed martial arts, go to beat a guy who was a world champion in boxing? And the answer to me seems that people who box must just not be that good at boxing.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/bare-knuckle-...ie-malignaggi/

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
                    MMA fighters who look like they can actually Box...

Jorge Masvidal
                    Instinctive, super slick Boxing by MMA standards, elusive and has a good chin, street guy, Cuban-descent...

Here is arguably the best Boxer in MMA versus the best Wrestler in MMA...

Jorge Masvidal vs Ben Askren

(fight video starts at 1:52)

Last edited by USMCer; 07-08-2019, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                      The Artem win against Paulie got some people gassed.

First Henry calls out Loma

Now Dos Santos wants to fight wilder in boxing

“I’ve been watching him for a long time. I actually admire him. His boxing skills are different but I think that’s the perfect match for me. I can see many, many holes in his game. Can you imagine I’m not worrying about no takedowns, no kicks, no jiu-jitsu, only boxing. That would be paradise for me.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/6/2...deontay-wilder

Ben Askren says Boxers cant box good.

“So how can a guy like that, who’s not even great at standup in mixed martial arts, go to beat a guy who was a world champion in boxing? And the answer to me seems that people who box must just not be that good at boxing.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/bare-knuckle-...ie-malignaggi/
                      Cejudo better wish Loma does take that offer, Loma has a Judo/sambo/wrestling background....

All Loma has to do is stuff the takedown and keep it standing Cejudo would get lit up (I am equally into mmo as i am into boxing so i follow both sports closely).

Most other boxers would get smoked if they transitioned thou Loma is the currently the only exception since his grappling background is pretty extensive.

Comment

Working...
                      X