Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Golden Boy and DAZN violate the Ali Act?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimisawesome View Post
    With a traditional PPV I think he would have hit 900 to a million with Jacobs. I think he pulls these types of numbers with Kovalev, Ramirez, Charlo, Spence, and Manny at the very least.

For all the lolz at the 2 Kovalev Ward PPV the 2 non Canelo GGG PPV where in the same ballpark with buys. And the second Ward fight had Ward doing 0 to promote it. Canelo was able to do 600k with Jacobs on a platform with crap marketing and without the edge programing or at least programing anyone watches.

But, the most important part of all of this. Is all of those fights are cheaper than what DAZN is paying GGG. GGG against someone not named Canelo is worth a couple of million at most. So in effect, they are paying him 70-80 million to fight Canelo it just happens to be paid out in installments. GGG purse alone is getting close to any realistic total revenue from a third fight.
    That is being very generous. It took a much bigger name in Chavez to hit a million. He couldn't even get that with Cotto. Khan was his other big name and that wasn't close to 900k. None of those other guys have the name that those 3 guys have, obviously excluding Manny. And 2 of those guys you mentioned fight at 147 so that's a no go for Canelo. The other 3 won't even get him close to a million.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Reports are that Golden Boy promised DAZN a third GGG fight when they signed their deal with DAZN back in October of 2018.
      Quoting this for all the goofs that act like I'm making this ^shyt up. The only reason they signed GG is because they wanted this^ all along and once they secured Canelo, this was the fight for them to make.

Comment

Working...
      X