No announcement yet.

Wilder vs Fury PPV Buy Prediction Thread/Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder vs Fury PPV Buy Prediction Thread/Poll

Now that the fight is official how many Pay Per View buys will this thing do in the United States? I think it comes in at around 250K maybe a little more if they really promote it well.
    Less than 100K
    3.33%
    100K-150K
    10.00%
    150K-200K
    10.00%
    200K-250K
    20.00%
    250K-300K
    23.33%
    300K-350K
    3.33%
    350K-400K
    3.33%
    400K-450K
    6.67%
    450K-500K
    0.00%
    500K+
    20.00%

Depends on how much they'll charge you for it.
    Could reach 500K if it's worth ten bucks.

Comment

I'm going to be optimistic and say just over 200k. Good luck to them both.

Comment

I said 250k-300k although I don't know the market particularly great.

I saw BT are making frampton warrington ppv too! No idea who came up with that idea but that guarantees it won't be the flop of the year anyway for wilder!

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
          I said 250k-300k although I don't know the market particularly great.

I saw BT are making frampton warrington ppv too! No idea who came up with that idea but that guarantees it won't be the flop of the year anyway for wilder!
          I'm not British but making Wilder vs Fury a PPV in the UK seems foolish. How many people are going to be willing to stay up till 5 in the morning to pay for that fight?

Comment

Some of you folks are either none too bright or just refuse to use the brain God gave you.

There were 5 PPVs in the US in 2017, three of which topped 1M buys- one doing an insane 4.3M buys.

Ask yourselves a couple of questions.

How many PPVs have there been in the US this year?

How many will there be by November, when the fight between Fury and Wilder is scheduled.

Not only will the money be there, but the demand will be as well.

Couple that with two of the most loquacious fighters going, and this thing is going to mean a lot of dollars to a lot of folks.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
              Some of you folks are either none too bright or just refuse to use the brain God gave you.

There were 5 PPVs in the US in 2017, three of which topped 1M buys- one doing an insane 4.3M buys.

Ask yourselves a couple of questions.

How many PPVs have there been in the US this year?

How many will there be by November, when the fight between Fury and Wilder is scheduled.

Not only will the money be there, but the demand will be as well.

Couple that with two of the most loquacious fighters going, and this thing is going to mean a lot of dollars to a lot of folks.
              I think you are badly mistaken. Just because there haven't been any PPV's this year doesn't mean that Wilder vs Fury will automatically be a huge success. To sell a PPV you need star power and the names Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury don't mean much to the average sports fan.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                I think you are badly mistaken. Just because there haven't been any PPV's this year doesn't mean that Wilder vs Fury will automatically be a huge success. To sell a PPV you need star power and the names Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury don't mean much to the average sports fan.
                The money is there.

Lots of it.

And, don't you worry about star power.

To that, Wilder and Fury are literally saying "hold my beer".

Comment

500k +. It's not 2010 anymore. Wilder is a huge draw now despite what Hearn says.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                    I'm not British but making Wilder vs Fury a PPV in the UK seems foolish. How many people are going to be willing to stay up till 5 in the morning to pay for that fight?
                    Don't disagree. BT launching ppv with three strange ones for me; two at 5am and other one frampton vs warrington.

Really just seems silly and bad marketing really. If anything this makes hearns ppv look even better because the only recent questionable one really was Whyte Parker and that turned out to be potentially the best ppv of all time with all the action throughout the card.

Hopefully these have strong undercards too!

Comment

Working...
                    X