Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EPIC THREAD: LEDERMAN Justifies 3 Judges Scoring With LARA-WILLIAMS vs BYRD FAIL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPIC THREAD: LEDERMAN Justifies 3 Judges Scoring With LARA-WILLIAMS vs BYRD FAIL

What a sensational week! Just more and more reasoning to acknowledge how people simply didn't or accept GGG to lose. Even a DRAW is an uproar, and the GGG fans don't want to run it back!

What is LEDERMAN'S Opinion on 1:3 (Byrd) vs 3:3 (Lara vs Williams)

BoxingScene: It seems that judges often score rounds based on one fighter being more busy in a round, even if he’s not being more effective. How can this be rectified going forward?

HL: There’s no question in my mind that the judges were looking at Paul Williams’ work rate, he throws a lot more punches than everybody. But at the end of the round, you gotta say to yourself ‘who did more damage?’ the guy throwing a million jabs or the guy that landed that sensational hard left hand? I thought Erislandy Lara certainly, in nine rounds, did more damage than Paul Williams did, without doubt.

You correct it by having seminars for judges, looking at tapes and going over the way you score and what you’re looking for. In my mind, the most important thing is, at the end of the round you’ve gotta decide who did more damage? Who hurt the other guy more than the other guy hurt him? That’s the guy you give 10 points to.

BoxingScene: Where do you think this ranks in the worst decisions of the past decade or so?

HL: It has to rank up in the top 10, no doubt about it, because Erislandy Lara clearly won that fight. I think Lara really is not going to lose anything from that decision, I think everybody in the world knows he won. I think his career is going to take a step up, he’ll fight somebody good real soon in another real high-profile fight. I think he did himself a lot of good by putting on a great performance like he did.

People complain about judges. But Lederman has had horrific cards his entire time doing the job and the guy is influencing the casuals. No wonder most of this forum can't score a fight for shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

People complain about judges. But Lederman has had horrific cards his entire time doing the job and the guy is influencing the casuals. No wonder most of this forum can't score a fight for shit.
      He's basically saying Nelo won given his reasoning with the LARA vs WILLIAMS fight...or at least acknowledging the DRAW

Poor Byrd, being harrassed and discredited by other industry professional stupidity

Notice they dont even focus on Trellas scoring, the guy that scored GGG beating Jacobs..

again, people are laxed when not looking at the obvious insecurities and failed double standards.

Maybe I should go back to making videos for historical proof for future boxing fans.

Comment

Lara-williams was a REAL robbery. A draw in a close fight like this cant even be a robbery foh

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          Lara-williams was a REAL robbery. A draw in a close fight like this cant even be a robbery foh
          A ''REAL'' robbery. You see people, take notes! This guy knows what's up.

But more importantly, Lederman gotta quit the bull and be honest...

Comment

Lederman got carried away with himself on Sat. He pulled a Byrd, but in the opposite direction.
            Like I've said before, I knew by the 6th round that there was going to be a lot of controversy because we had a busier guy doing poor quality work and a more talented guy not applying himself. Those are always ugly fights to score.

Comment

Golovkin was very bust but other than that right hand in round 5 non of his punches had damage, Canelo had huge shots landing through out the fight, I thought Canelo sweeped rounds 1-3 than Golovkin clearly won rounds 4 and 5, Round 6 was close but I thought Canelo edged it, so at this point in my card its 4-2 (58-56) Canelo, I thought rounds 7 and 9 were for Golovkin and Canelo edged round 8, so thats 5-4 Canelo (86-85), almost everyone agrees Canelo won the last three so thats 8-4 Canelo (116-112), I can see how its a draw cause round 8 and 10 were debatable

Comment

When we talk about Robbery then I look at Lara v Williams because it wasn't even close, to compare Saturdays fight to that is pure comedy. That was was close but definitely not a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                  Golovkin was very bust but other than that right hand in round 5 non of his punches had damage, Canelo had huge shots landing through out the fight, I thought Canelo sweeped rounds 1-3 than Golovkin clearly won rounds 4 and 5, Round 6 was close but I thought Canelo edged it, so at this point in my card its 4-2 (58-56) Canelo, I thought rounds 7 and 9 were for Golovkin and Canelo edged round 8, so thats 5-4 Canelo (86-85), almost everyone agrees Canelo won the last three so thats 8-4 Canelo (116-112), I can see how its a draw cause round 8 and 10 were debatable
                  We need Alvarez vs GGG to just run it back

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                    and the GGG fans don't want to run it back!
                    Lmfao why the f**k wouldn't GGG fans want to run it back, you cheesy ass living breathing cornball?? Of course I want to seen it run back, because Gennady would beat Canelo's ass even more decisively the second time. And he beat his ass decisively the first time

Hell I'd like to see them run it back tomorrow night if they could

Comment

Working...
                    X